The Student Room Group

UCL - Graduate Support Bursary (GSB)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Today is (possibly) the day! Good luck everyone and please post here if you receive any news!
Staring mournfully at my emails; found a bloody mistake in my application, so now I'm convinced they probably threw it in the 'nah' pile.
Original post by amyyy24
Staring mournfully at my emails; found a bloody mistake in my application, so now I'm convinced they probably threw it in the 'nah' pile.

What was the mistake? I think that as we've been receiving emails from them, they've ignored any minor mistakes
Original post by oywiththepoodles
What was the mistake? I think that as we've been receiving emails from them, they've ignored any minor mistakes

I hope so, but I think you're probably right!
I didn't put a word count for the statement, and then in education I put 2011-2012 for my degree instead of 2011-2014. :s-smilie: Nevermind! :rolleyes:
Reply 44
What did u lot put down in your statement part...mine is soo crappy after reading thru

And good luck!!
Original post by tanvir92
What did u lot put down in your statement part...mine is soo crappy after reading thru

And good luck!!

Y'know, the usual stuff - my parents are too poor to pay for a Masters and my school was atrocious, please feel sorry for me! :colondollar:
Reply 46
Original post by amyyy24
Y'know, the usual stuff - my parents are too poor to pay for a Masters and my school was atrocious, please feel sorry for me! :colondollar:

LOOL!

I took the ultimatum route, told em u dnt give me gsb i wont be coming UCL

have a feeling that will work against me :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 47
I wonder how important the statement part actually is compared to the household income.

Like, if someone had a more convincing statement but a higher household income, would they be more likely to get GSB than someone with a lower income but worse-articulated statement?
Reply 48
Just had a mini heart attack as I received an email from UCL. Unfortunately it's totally unrelated to the GSB. -_-
Original post by avinash23
I wonder how important the statement part actually is compared to the household income.

Like, if someone had a more convincing statement but a higher household income, would they be more likely to get GSB than someone with a lower income but worse-articulated statement?

I think if we're below the income threshold we'll be assessed equally.
Reply 50
Original post by dorian gray
I think if we're below the income threshold we'll be assessed equally.

But surely we're all below the threshold?

I assumed they did it by income - if someone put £11,000 down they bumped down the £30,000.. But I have no real idea, of course
What are your Plan B's if you don't get the funding?
Reply 53
What are your Plan B's if you don't get the funding?

Probably defer by a year and begin furiously job-hunting. You?
But surely we're all below the threshold?

And this is a way for them to know for certain. After all we need to state the details somewhere. But I'm simply speculating.
Probably defer by a year and begin furiously job-hunting. You?

Exactly the same. I've been meaning to job hunt while this is going on but I feel like I need to get this out of the way first.
Reply 56
Exactly the same. I've been meaning to job hunt while this is going on but I feel like I need to get this out of the way first.

Same.

Same.

Haha
F***ing pre-enrollment email :angry:
Original post by amyyy24
F***ing pre-enrollment email :angry:

just got that now too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending