The Student Room Group

taking a year off

im having a procedure really soon that'll take up to 2 months and hospital and 6 months to a year of recovery time, i have talked to the 'sixth form mum' and she recommends i take a year off and then join a college next september when im fully recovered, cause i wont be able tp catch up on my work and stuff and its not possible for me to repeat a year. any tips or help?
Reply 1
Até you going into yr13 or already finished it?
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
Até you going into yr13 or already finished it?
No, i am going into year 12 this year and just finished my gcse's x
Reply 3
Sounds fair enough. I imagine you won't be discriminated against if you intend to apply for top universities / special courses like medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by DAtgirlxox
No, i am going into year 12 this year and just finished my gcse's x

Well there's nothing to say really but try to enjoy that time you have, you could try starting some of your subject and taking it easy.

You won't be at an disadvantage since it's for a medical reasons.
Reply 5
Original post by kkboyk
Well there's nothing to say really but try to enjoy that time you have, you could try starting some of your subject and taking it easy.

You won't be at an disadvantage since it's for a medical reasons.

Original post by Jkizer
Sounds fair enough. I imagine you won't be discriminated against if you intend to apply for top universities / special courses like medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks guys! i guess its not going to change anything so its a good option thanks again x

Quick Reply

Latest