The Student Room Group

Asking girl about stopping condom use?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zarek
Sex with a condom is better than no sex at all, but only just. Without is a different world

Ohh I thought guys were just exaggerating. They really should bring out a male pill, I can't go on birth control as it makes my hyper mobility worse.
Original post by keturah
Ohh I thought guys were just exaggerating. They really should bring out a male pill, I can't go on birth control as it makes my hyper mobility worse.

To put into context. With a condom on I can last a long time.

Without...that time is SIGNIFICANTLY shorter.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Am I the only girl who totally agrees that sex is WAY better without a condom?

Just ask her, worth a try.

If I was her and you asked I wouldn't mind. I'm on the pill though, she may not be. You guys seem to be friends so she should trust you if you say you're clean. If not, show her the texts the clinic sends you when you get negative results, if you still have them that is.

I completely agree, after I had sex without one for the first time I just couldn't go back
Original post by Knighted
To put into context. With a condom on I can last a long time.

Without...that time is SIGNIFICANTLY shorter.

:K:
Original post by keturah
Does wearing a condom really make a big difference to how things feel? Just curious.

It does to me. Compare going out in a thunderstorm naked to going out with a poncho with the hood pulled up- completely different experience. I feel kinda bad slagging off condoms online, I mean if you're having a one night stand they're not only definitely worthwhile, but I don't think it makes much difference. It's only when you're having regular sex that they become a pain. It can also ruin foreplay.
Original post by keturah
Does wearing a condom really make a big difference to how things feel? Just curious.

It really does. Without a condom I can control the time I take to orgasm, but with a condom on it feels more like an athletic performance. Just going on an on and really need to concentrate to be able to come.

When you think about it, it kinda makes sense too afterall as with a condom on nothing is touching the penis anymore (except the condom of course).
Original post by Mankytoes
It does to me. Compare going out in a thunderstorm naked to going out with a poncho with the hood pulled up- completely different experience. I feel kinda bad slagging off condoms online, I mean if you're having a one night stand they're not only definitely worthwhile, but I don't think it makes much difference. It's only when you're having regular sex that they become a pain. It can also ruin foreplay.

That makes sense. It can interrupt the mood I guess but some girls don't have the option of going on the pill so have to use condoms.
Original post by Knighted
, the likelihood of an STD being transferred during sex if you're wearing a condom is the same if you weren't.

What rubbish :rofl:
Original post by keturah
That makes sense. It can interrupt the mood I guess but some girls don't have the option of going on the pill so have to use condoms.

There are a lot of other options besides the Pill, I know my girlfriend had a good NHS leaflet with about five main options, giving pros and cons. The implant is a popular one. Of course, these things don't protect against STDs, so condoms are needed anyway if you aren't confirmed clean.
I'm on the contraceptive patch. Maybe suggest that to her
Reply 30
Try experimenting with different brands and types of condoms, you'll be surprised at the differences. As well as a spermicide in the condoms some even contain a local anaesthetic cream to help reduce the sensitivity on your penis and prolong your action, helping the female to enjoy longer penetrative sex. Also try different lotions, lots available at Boots, that can heighten pleasure for both partners while using a condom.
Reply 31
no condom is so much better, make sure she is clean tho.

Last girl I trusted, I ended up with a nurse shoving a swab down my penis
Original post by Mankytoes
There are a lot of other options besides the Pill, I know my girlfriend had a good NHS leaflet with about five main options, giving pros and cons. The implant is a popular one. Of course, these things don't protect against STDs, so condoms are needed anyway if you aren't confirmed clean.

Just out of interest are there any options that aren't hormone related, as it's the progestogen that makes me dislocate joints?
Reply 33
Original post by shawn_o1
Are you ready to become a father?

(Cause if you don't get the STIs you might get a baby out of unprotected sex. Do think about this)

I'm not sure you understand the point of the pill.
Original post by keturah
Just out of interest are there any options that aren't hormone related, as it's the progestogen that makes me dislocate joints?

The copper coil doesn't have any hormones. It lasts 5-10 years depending on the type. I think there's a thread in health of people's experiences with it.
The only other options are caps or diaphragms. I personally wouldn't use them though, they sound quite awkward to use and are less effective than the coil.

I think asking someone to stop condoms is better done after you're exclusive.
There's always the pullout method...

It still has risks due to pre-ejaculate but I know some couples who do that :lol:

Although, cumming inside a girl is probably one of life's greatest pleasures.

You might have to commit yourself to your FWB because going on the pill is no easy feat from what I've gathered.
Original post by Jezebelle
The copper coil doesn't have any hormones. It lasts 5-10 years depending on the type. I think there's a thread in health of people's experiences with it.
The only other options are caps or diaphragms. I personally wouldn't use them though, they sound quite awkward to use and are less effective than the coil.

I think asking someone to stop condoms is better done after you're exclusive.

Reply 37
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Naturist
Try experimenting with different brands and types of condoms, you'll be surprised at the differences. As well as a spermicide in the condoms some even contain a local anaesthetic cream to help reduce the sensitivity on your penis and prolong your action, helping the female to enjoy longer penetrative sex. Also try different lotions, lots available at Boots, that can heighten pleasure for both partners while using a condom.

Interesting - is there any specific brands/types you would recommend? I have tried some of the "Durex featherlite" or something before and couldn't get them on. I've been always using Durex Pleasuremax since it's easy to get on and also more pleasurable for the girl because of the dots on it.
Original post by keturah
They really should bring out a male pill...
The morning after pill for men-- changes your blood type.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending