The Student Room Group

AS results - can I still apply for uni course?

Hello, I have completed Year 12 hoping to study Anthropology. I got ABDU for Art, English Lit, Sociology & Biology. I was one mark off a C in Sociology in which one unit will be remarked and retaken anyway. I am worried about the U in Biology (dropping of course) as I'm scared it will have a negative impact on my application? Will universities take it into consideration? Is it possible to be rejected because of it? I'm looking at courses from Roehampton, Goldsmiths, Brunel etc. which all want ABB.
Thank you x
Reply 1
Original post by VeronicaE
Hello, I have completed Year 12 hoping to study Anthropology. I got ABDU for Art, English Lit, Sociology & Biology. I was one mark off a C in Sociology in which one unit will be remarked and retaken anyway. I am worried about the U in Biology (dropping of course) as I'm scared it will have a negative impact on my application? Will universities take it into consideration? Is it possible to be rejected because of it? I'm looking at courses from Roehampton, Goldsmiths, Brunel etc. which all want ABB.
Thank you x

you may get rejected and if you do, its best to see if there are any possible alternative routes you could take.. don't let the rejection put you off...
Original post by VeronicaE
Thank you x

Oh my gosh, we have v similar results, I got BBBU at AS in Art, Geography (1 mark off an A but it didn't go up), Spanish and Maths
I've applied to study Anthropology too at Durham, Manchester, Exeter, Birmingham and UEA (all ABB but Durham with AAB) and I have an offer from UEA, so I'm sure you'll be fine as most universities don't require a pass in the fourth AS subject (UCL do for example) x
Original post by MercedesAnjelica
Oh my gosh, we have v similar results, I got BBBU at AS in Art, Geography (1 mark off an A but it didn't go up), Spanish and Maths
I've applied to study Anthropology too at Durham, Manchester, Exeter, Birmingham and UEA (all ABB but Durham with AAB) and I have an offer from UEA, so I'm sure you'll be fine as most universities don't require a pass in the fourth AS subject (UCL do for example) x

Woah,that's the spirit.Good luck.I hope you get accepted by all of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending