The Student Room Group

My gf say she's love me, 11 months and I'm starting to not believe her

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abstraction
Lol, you believe a woman saying she loves you? Jesus, "I love you" is just a tool in the linguistic box for them. Whether for manipulation, keeping you around or just shutting out criticism, but they almost never mean it.

And you need to overcome your fear of being "alone" (I'm guessing you really mean single?). You can't be dependent on anyone else for happiness; you have to learn to enjoy your own company or you're just giving people the perfect ammunition with which to destroy you. Don't. Especially with women. They know of mens' almost unassailable (almost) need for female validation and companionship, and if you don't control this, they will obliterate you. Don't lose your dignity and autonomy to anyone - ever. Dump this bitch and fix yourself up, because, as much as women want you to believe otherwise, there is no burden of proof on you to show them that your existence is worthwhile. None at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way you're speaking about all girls saying they dont mean it when they say they love you, boy you must've had some **** experiences to label every girl like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by fatherdougal
She's constantly asking why I'm with her in the first place, and why I haven't just broken up with her by now but I'm not sure whether she has such low self esteem that she can't believe I like her or if she just want's to seem the better person after a breakup

So you have answered the question put to you I think and that is that she wants to end it but is trying to put it on you to make the final decision. What you are dealing with here is a girl. At least the woman I was dealing with, was exactly that, a true woman in the sense that she could take responsibility and not string me along when it came to ending our relationship. She was honest with me and told me she did not want to continue seeing me none of these games you are going through with this girl, it's petty and best left on television romance shows.

Just let her go you will find someone better for yourself, sometimes you have to be strong and just move on.
Reply 22
Original post by chynyel_e
The way you're speaking about all girls saying they dont mean it when they say they love you, boy you must've had some **** experiences to label every girl like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is he really wrong though? Yes of course this is his opinion but just look at who initiates the most divorces in marriages, you can't blame a guy for thinking it's the women who do not mean what they say. Anyway here we are clearly talking about an immature girl but it seems they don't change much when they become mature women.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Is he really wrong though? Yes of course this is his opinion but just look at who initiates the most divorces in marriages, you can't blame a guy for thinking it's the women who do not mean what they say. Anyway here we are clearly talking about an immature girl but it seems they don't change much when they become mature women.

It's not about who's right and who's wrong. Until he's dated all the women in the world you cant just presume that all women say they love a guy and dont mean it. What does divorce even have to do with it lol. Like yeah it's his opinion he probably went through some **** times with girls lying when they say they love him fair enough but dont brand every woman with that label until you've been there and done that with every woman.

It's the same way how most guys dont think its right for a girl to label all guys players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
It's not about who's right and who's wrong. Until he's dated all the women in the world you cant just presume that all women say they love a guy and dont mean it. What does divorce even have to do with it lol. Like yeah it's his opinion he probably went through some **** times with girls lying when they say they love him fair enough but dont brand every woman with that label until you've been there and done that with every woman.

It's the same way how most guys dont think its right for a girl to label all guys players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That bit in bold I highlighted I cannot believe you wrote that lol so tired of reading such silly statements only positive to these types of comment is that I can have a good laugh.

Let me guess you are a girl right? Because its usually girls that write such absurd statements , you actually think for one to have a view on women, one has to experience a relationship with all women all over the world?

Just say that line to yourself again : Until he's dated all the women in the world

Say it slowly and look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, am I delusional ?

No we cannot presume about all women but we are allowed to make an educated estimated guess based on either experience or other peoples experience, do you think the guy just picked his comment out of a hat and decided to type it up? Do you think his view is not based on some level of evidence ? Also just because his experience maybe with a small pool of woman, it may be even be tiny, still does not mean he cannot make a educated estimated guess on the behaviour of the average women.

One does not need to date all the women in the world to make such a comment, please wake up.

After that line the guy probably has more sense then you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
That bit in bold I highlighted I cannot believe you wrote that lol so tired of reading such silly statements only positive to these types of comment is that I can have a good laugh.

Let me guess you are a girl right? Because its usually girls that write such absurd statements , you actually think for one to have a view on women, one has to experience a relationship with all women all over the world?

Just say that line to yourself again : Until he's dated all the women in the world

Say it slowly and look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, am I delusional ?

No we cannot presume about all women but we are allowed to make an educated estimated guess based on either experience or other peoples experience, do you think the guy just picked his comment out of a hat and decided to type it up? Do you think his view is not based on some level of evidence ? Also just because his experience maybe with a small pool of woman, it may be even be tiny, still does not mean he cannot make a educated estimated guess on the behaviour of the average women.

One does not need to date all the women in the world to make such a comment, please wake up.

After that line the guy probably has more sense then you.

Thanks, I couldn't have said it better really. Using her logic, I should offer myself up to every lion to test whether they'd generally feast on me or not. Absurd.

I'd say there is plenty of evidence that women, in general, lie about even being able to love. You rightly mentioned divorce rates. Also, which gender is consistently reported to "get past" breakups (much) faster? Which gender chooses partners according to material benefit gained? Which gender almost exclusively dates upwards and not downwards? Who sleeps around when younger, and picks a nice "provider" when older? Who uses the state to forcibly extract alimony and child support? It's females.

I don't hate women, rather indifferent towards them. I wouldn't waste emotional energy on people who don't deserve it. But from my own experiences, anecdotes and research on forums (including TSR), I can't help but doubt very many women ever truly care for their male partners/providers/utilities. OP, without wearing any armour, is handing someone a gun. And that someone would get a real kick out of pulling the trigger.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks, I couldn't have said it better really. Using her logic, I should offer myself up to every lion to test whether they'd generally feast on me or not. Absurd.

I'd say there is plenty of evidence that women, in general, lie about even being able to love. You rightly mentioned divorce rates. Also, which gender is consistently reported to "get past" breakups (much) faster? Which gender chooses partners according to material benefit gained? Which gender almost exclusively dates upwards and not downwards? Who sleeps around when younger, and picks a nice "provider" when older? Who uses the state to forcibly extract alimony and child support? It's females.

I don't hate women, rather indifferent towards them. I wouldn't waste emotional energy on people who don't deserve it. But from my own experiences, anecdotes and research on forums (including TSR), I can't help but doubt very many women ever truly care for their male partners/providers/utilities. OP, without wearing any armour, is handing someone a gun. And that someone would get a real kick out of pulling the trigger.

Well i hope someday there's someone who comes along that changed your view on that, because it's not nice you know?

And i know i sounded pretty stupid but i was just sayig because i was pretty offended when you said that because seriously not all females are like that, me being one of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well i hope someday there's someone who comes along that changed your view on that, because it's not nice you know?

And i know i sounded pretty stupid but i was just sayig because i was pretty offended when you said that because seriously not all females are like that, me being one of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one will change my viewpoint, but that's fine. I've accepted it. I don't pick nice viewpoints, I just accept at what the overwhelming evidence tells me.

Well, who knows, maybe you are different. But sorry if I don't take your word for that - every woman claims the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one will change my viewpoint, but that's fine. I've accepted it. I don't pick nice viewpoints, I just accept at what the overwhelming evidence tells me.

Well, who knows, maybe you are different. But sorry if I don't take your word for that - every woman claims the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough. I am different but i dont need to prove that to you so dont be sorry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending