The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
hey, yes i am! hello :smile:

yeah that work sounds scary, ive just started to read that Gombrich book, and writing notes about the chapters. I think im just going to write about the main movements and the artists that were part of it. Im not sure about this gallery trip though. Have u done that yet?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
YES! Finally! I am sooo relieved I've found somone. I'm finding the Gombrich book sooooo hard to get through and I haven't started annotating it yet. To be honest I really don't know what to write. Surely you have to have some kind of theme....all of it is relevant so I can't select what is important and what isn't. I'm going to the National Gallery on Wednesday (but I'm secretly only going because Oxford Street is calling my name). xxxx
Reply 3
Yeah me too, it is pretty hard, and sooo long!!!! I dont think im ever going to finish it! I guess im just going to write key points down, i havent really thought about it in themes-hmm maybe we just need to have an overview and understand what happened and what artists progressed movements etc. they cant expect us to be experts surely, lol. Have u ever done history of art before? where abouts are you from? hehe im going to london on friday-i think an afternoon of shopping might be on the cards too :tongue:

xxxxx
Reply 4
Leam mai
Yeah me too, it is pretty hard, and sooo long!!!! I dont think im ever going to finish it! I guess im just going to write key points down, i havent really thought about it in themes-hmm maybe we just need to have an overview and understand what happened and what artists progressed movements etc. they cant expect us to be experts surely, lol. Have u ever done history of art before? where abouts are you from? hehe im going to london on friday-i think an afternoon of shopping might be on the cards too :tongue:

xxxxx

I was on the phone this morning stressing about it and now I just can't be bothered. They're asking so, so much of us already. Like we don't have other things to be doing. I haven't started packing and this bloody book is just hanging over me. All that "Be Prepared" *******s just set me off. Sorry, I'm a bit panicky. I'm just going through each chapter and writing down the artists mentioned and putting in random postits and highlighting what seem to be important parts.

No, I've never done history of art before but I did art for A2 and wanted to do it at uni. It's something that really interests me, though, and I'm a bit of a gallery geek.

I'm from lovely Hull so the art galleries up here aren't up to much. What about you?? add me to your msn, [email protected] xxx

Latest