The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

chances of getting into LSE .

I have Straight 10As ( 4A* 6A) at olevel plus a regional distinction in economics . I am taking 6 subjects at alevel " economics, maths further maths , history, computing , GP" . What are my chances of getting an offer from LSE in BSC Actuarial Science .
Original post by Hussain haider
I have Straight 10As ( 4A* 6A) at olevel plus a regional distinction in economics . I am taking 6 subjects at alevel " economics, maths further maths , history, computing , GP" . What are my chances of getting an offer from LSE in BSC Actuarial Science .

U have 10 As at olevel are u a mature student returning to eduction otherwise u should have gcse

plus taking 6 subjects :eek: that u don't think that's way too much, how r u going to revise for all the exams that's way too much stress, you only need 3 a levels there is no point in taking 6

I'd say pick 3 from the 6 but definitely do economics and further maths and forget about GP its pointless and i don't think u need history either so i say choose either maths or computing

If u can get high grades at alevel you should be able to get in plus i don't think that there's much competition to get into actuarial science anywhere
so you'll be fine :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Good use of the english language (corporate language used at the LSE) would be a good start!

I know its not that important but reading that didn't make you look good.

You say you have 'O' Levels, does this mean that you are a mature student?

How are you completing your A Levels at college or distance learning?
Lol thankyou for correcting me , but we usually use the term olevel here in pakistan . Well the reason for taking 6 subjects is that i really dont want a rejection from LSE, but i will think about it .
Well , i just got into one of the finest college here in pakistan for Alevel . They rewarded me with 100% scholarship .

'O' levels grades will get you past the first screening. They like to see a good combination of subjects too. Personally, don't think you need to overdo the number of subjects for A Levels. Better to focus on 4 at the most and get best results for them. Getting A*A*A is better than 6As at A levels.
okay so if I drop GP and go for the rest 5 , will that be a good combination ? .
okay so if I drop GP and go for the rest 5 , will that be a good combination ? .

Yes, but i don't think you need history to do actuarial science so i think you should drop that as well but if you want go head

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending