The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Sometimes they are the best that is available in that persons social circle
Reply 41
Is this really a serious thread, its a complete non-issue, why on earth does it matter who others go for, how is it any of your business :confused:

Though I must say I was pleasantly surprised to find that this wasn't another one of those whiny threads from a single, frustrated male moaning about seeing hot women going out with average looking guys but not them.
Reply 42
Original post by tillytots
Because in their eyes they're also an 8/9/10 whatever. all subjective

So basically good looking people have bad taste.
Original post by Da Di Doo
No I'm talking about exactly that. I frequently see ugly people with gorgeous people.

I'm not just talking about a 7 going out with a 9. I'm talking about a 5 going out with a 9

But these people are 7s, 5s and 9s in your opinion... Not everyone finds the same people attractive/unattractive.

A friend of mine stated that the guy I was with was "ugly", when I thought he was good looking and found him attractive...
Reply 44
Original post by Olie
Is this really a serious thread, its a complete non-issue, why on earth does it matter who others go for, how is it any of your business :confused:

Though I must say I was pleasantly surprised to find that this wasn't another one of those whiny threads from a single, frustrated male moaning about seeing hot women going out with average looking guys but not them.

I know it's not my business. I was just curious :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
Anonymous for obvious reasons.

Most people would probably consider my boyfriend a lot less attractive than me, but I find him really attractive. (I didn't for a very very long time, but then I got to know him, and I ended up falling for him, and the rest is history.) I can look at other men and see that they're good looking, but my boyfriend is the only one I am attracted to.

I probably haven't explained this in a way you'll understand, but I'm not sure I can help if you don't get it! Someone's personality drastically changes how attractive or unattractive I find them, in short.

You didn't find him attractive at first and you hadn't fallen for his personality yet (judging by what you wrote) so why did you give him a chance then? I don't understand that part.
Reply 46
Original post by Mad Vlad
Have you considered that some people are strongly attracted to different body types? For instance, some men that would be conventionally considered as being 10/10, I do not find attractive at all. The whole "rate someone out of 10" is entirely subjective - there's no universal definition of what a "10" is. A 10/10 for me might be considered a 4-6/10 conventionally, but that's because my taste in men is different to that of conventional opinion.

Nail hit on the head, I have no idea why so many people are obsessed with all this ratings/10 nonsense, its all subjective and just all so superficial and pointless, surely the fact that seemingly hot people are going out with seemingly ugly people is evidence that all this obsession with ratings/10 is utter garbage.
So could good looking guys. Good looking guys can have amazing personalities so why are good looking girls not dating them? Why are they dating ugly men with amazing personalities instead of the former?

Exactly but the chances are that one person having the jackpot on all variables is pretty rare. Rather than chasing that guy they may go for a guy who only matches 3 variables with the one he doesn't have being facial looks.
Reply 48
I don't go out with the intent of noticing such things either. It's just right in front of me.

And it's easy to rate people. It takes a matter of seconds to decide if someone is attractive or not.

Then why not trying to stop rating people? Save your seconds lol.

If it was friends or co-workers (even though you can't talk about that sort of stuff with regard to co-workers) then it would make more sense, but it would still be pointless.

I don't see why it's important whether a person's attractive or not, there's looking good, but that's something different. That's about being healthy and happy.

It's usually the happy people who are deemed as being more attractive as happy people are exposed to more people.

I don't care how other people look, as long as I look okay.

It's probably just me, as I'm almost really old. I'm twenty-three tomorrow.
Reply 49
Original post by bumblebee342
But these people are 7s, 5s and 9s in your opinion... Not everyone finds the same people attractive/unattractive.

A friend of mine stated that the guy I was with was "ugly", when I thought he was good looking and found him attractive...

Beyonce and Jay Z
Reply 50
Original post by Scott.
Then why not trying to stop rating people? Save your seconds lol.

If it was friends or co-workers (even though you can't talk about that sort of stuff with regard to co-workers) then it would make more sense, but it would still be pointless.

I don't see why it's important whether a person's attractive or not, there's looking good, but that's something different. That's about being healthy and happy.

It's usually the happy people who are deemed as being more attractive as happy people are exposed to more people.

I don't care how other people look, as long as I look okay.

It's probably just me, as I'm almost really old. I'm twenty-three tomorrow.

Twenty three? Forget old, you are ancient! We need to get you into a retirement home asap.
Reply 51
Original post by Rakas21
Exactly but the chances are that one person having the jackpot on all variables is pretty rare. Rather than chasing that guy they may go for a guy who only matches 3 variables with the one he doesn't have being facial looks.

Good point
Reply 52
So basically good looking people have bad taste.

There is no such thing as good taste and bad taste, simply your taste and their taste. As said plenty of times, to that person they may be a 10. That's all that matters. Your taste doesn't matter. The majority taste doesn't matter. Why can you not grasp this?
Beyonce and Jay Z

What's your point?
Reply 54
Original post by Dheorl
There is no such thing as good taste and bad taste, simply your taste and their taste. As said plenty of times, to that person they may be a 10. That's all that matters. Your taste doesn't matter. The majority taste doesn't matter. Why can you not grasp this?

Generally good looking people date hideous people.
Reply 55
Original post by bumblebee342
What's your point?

Lool, is it not obvious.

Beyonce is...

Whereas Jay Z is...
Lool, is it not obvious.

Beyonce is...

Whereas Jay Z is...

Yeah, in your opinion :lol:

She obviously finds him attractive
Reply 57
Generally good looking people date hideous people.

All in your own personal opinion. How do you not get this?

Out of curiosity in such pairings is there one sex who you would say is normally the "attractive" one?
Then you're in the minority group. What you find attractive, the majority don't.

My thread is for the majority only.

Well apparently not, because you:

...generally see extremely sexy men/women with average/ugly looking partners.

Perhaps it is you with the problem, not the rest of society? I define what I find attractive by what I find attractive, not by what everyone else does. If you're choosing a potential partner by what you believe society expects you to select, then frankly, you're doing it wrong.
Reply 59
Lool, is it not obvious.

Beyonce is...

Whereas Jay Z is...

Beyonce is pretty average.

Jay Z is pretty average.

What's your point?

Latest

Trending

Trending