The Student Room Group

I got rejected today...

I asked for a girls number. And I got this.

"No sorry. I dont want to sound nasty but I don't give people I don't know my number."

Be nasty, mock and laugh away. I deserve it.

I lose.

Scroll to see replies

It was one girl who by the sounds of it you hadn't met before, odds are she wasn't going to give you her number. Just move on and try again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, that's kind of fair enough on her part.

Move on.
Lool sounds like something I'd say to someone who I don't know who asked for my name.
You just need to get to know a person before you ask for their number.
I guess that really hit you hard, huh. That's what one gets for running the rat race.

There there OP, open up Netflix or something and cheer yourself up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It happens to the best of us. Chin up!
That was a nice reply though, I've seen much worse
Reply 7
Did you literally just meet her and ask her for your number?
Reply 8
Original post by Ndella
Did you literally just meet her and ask her for your number?

Nah not her. I've chatted to her for a week or two at Uni. She "knew" me so that just makes the whole thing 5x worse.
It's fine dude, it happens and there's still another 4 billion to ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Nah not her. I've chatted to her for a week or two at Uni. She "knew" me so that just makes the whole thing 5x worse.

I bet is, sorry she shot you down like that. There's bound to be other girls you haven't met :smile:
Reply 11
So what? :smile: It's one woman who wasn't interested. Plenty of fish in the sea, ect.
Haha this is why I think guys are controlling. They want instant gratification...
Reply 13
Flawed strategy unless your drop dead gorgeous..
Funny, I responded this way a few weeks back XD
I get rejected 10-15 times on a night out. It doesn't bother me any more. Its not always going to go your way. Where would be the challenge and fun in that?
Reply 16
I asked for a girls number. And I got this.

"No sorry. I dont want to sound nasty but I don't give people I don't know my number."

Be nasty, mock and laugh away. I deserve it.

I lose.

That's quite a soft rejection there and also all the girl did was be honest with you, I am surprised it hurt you. Girls can be much more mean then that so count yourself lucky.
Reply 17

Even with that if she basically was not attracted to you it was still quite a gentle rejection. Some girls are different just because you been talking with her a week does not mean it's anything special she probably saw you more as a friend.

If you asked her for her number in the terms of friendship she probably would have given it, still two weeks is quite fast especially if the girl has no attraction to you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Clarissa Summer
Haha this is why I think guys are controlling. They want instant gratification...

Asking for a girls number and perhaps expecting a yes makes a guy controlling for you, are you serious? When I read your thread I was thinking you were going to talk about some abusive really controlling guy instead all I got was you putting all guys in one box.

Still I think you are confused about what controlling means perhaps the word you are looking for is persistent in your case. There is nothing wrong with a guy being persistent if he knows when to stop and it does not turn into harassment. To be honest you sound like you have lived a sheltered life if you believe asking for a number and maybe expecting a positive reply is controlling.
(edited 9 years ago)
Good on you for being brave enough to give it a go, regardless, OP. :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending