The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

adult nursing march 2015 intake

Hey I am starting adult nursing march 2015 intake! Am so nervous! Have two children under 5. Have emailed the uni today to ask about term dates! I had a letter today stating we have 2 weeks off in June and 3 weeks off in September so does that mean we are in uni throughout July/Aug? School holidays -ouch, gonna have to talk nice to my mum to have the kids every day!! Oops!!
Anyone else starting this course?
I live in caldicot so quite a commute... Took me 1 hr 30 mins to get to the heath yesterday at 9am. Anybody else travelling from same area as me?
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya, I'm glad I have finally found someone on this site who is actually starting in march :smile: I was beginning to feel like I was going to be the only one!! Yeah we are in all of e summer which a shame; I wont be seeing any sunshine for the next three years but it will be worth It.

I'm from Salisbury way so I wont be commuting 2.5 hours each day! I am staying at liberty hall and currently stressing about the money because it is so expensive!

Which field of nursing are you doing? I'm doing adult nursing :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Swannie15
Hiya, I'm glad I have finally found someone on this site who is actually starting in march :smile: I was beginning to feel like I was going to be the only one!! Yeah we are in all of e summer which a shame; I wont be seeing any sunshine for the next three years but it will be worth It.

I'm from Salisbury way so I wont be commuting 2.5 hours each day! I am staying at liberty hall and currently stressing about the money because it is so expensive!

Which field of nursing are you doing? I'm doing adult nursing :smile:

Hey! Yes finally someone on my course!! Feel so isolated not knowing! Still waiting on the forms for funding and grants. Getting a tad worried now! Gotta try and sort nursery for my little one and only have 3 months aaah! Its all starting to feel so real now! How are you feeling about it? I'm so nervous! Did you do the access to nursing course? I didn't as I have nvq level 4 in health and social care so didn't need to do access so I'm scared I won't know as much as everyone else that did the access! Gonna hit me like a tonne of bricks! And I'm older (26) so maybe classed as one of the oldies haha!
Reply 3
Hi ive just been offered a place in march but im unsure if i can manage the placements. I live in ammanford area. Its an hour and half commute also , so starting at 7 going to mean a very early wake up call. Im 41 married with 3 kids and i did the access course. I was hoping that you could do placements further west. I have applied to swansea and uni south wales but not heard yet.
Reply 4
Original post by Catdonna
Hi ive just been offered a place in march but im unsure if i can manage the placements. I live in ammanford area. Its an hour and half commute also , so starting at 7 going to mean a very early wake up call. Im 41 married with 3 kids and i did the access course. I was hoping that you could do placements further west. I have applied to swansea and uni south wales but not heard yet.

Yikes that's quite a commute but its a fabulous uni. Is it for this march? 2015? When I spoke to them they said they would do your placements as close to your home as they can. They don't let you travel over an hour away I don't think for placements. Have you said yes to Cardiff uni offer?
Reply 5
Hi yes it is lol. Yes but they all have their areas and I'm assuming that's it. I really should of asked when there. I haven't excepted yet will wait till new year just in case get offers from other two. Ye to start March 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also starting in march too for adult nursing! :smile:
Reply 7
I might see you there then. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm Staring too :smile: Does any one know the start date, it syas on UCAS FEB 1ST 2015 but that means the course starts in feb not march ????
Reply 9
Ye I noticed that, doesn't give us much time to sort student finance etc 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's exactly what I thought 🙈 does anyone know how we apply for the bursary? :smile:
I know it's done on line that's all. I haven't accepted offer yet, waiting to see if get any other offers next week, closer to home 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abbiemarchant
That's exactly what I thought does anyone know how we apply for the bursary? :smile:

I got an email with a link to the application website but it is rubbish it doesn't save any of your progress! so frustrating! Ive stuck the website below :smile:

http://www.nwsspstudentfinance.wales.nhs.uk
Original post by lovelllady
Hey! Yes finally someone on my course!! Feel so isolated not knowing! Still waiting on the forms for funding and grants. Getting a tad worried now! Gotta try and sort nursery for my little one and only have 3 months aaah! Its all starting to feel so real now! How are you feeling about it? I'm so nervous! Did you do the access to nursing course? I didn't as I have nvq level 4 in health and social care so didn't need to do access so I'm scared I won't know as much as everyone else that did the access! Gonna hit me like a tonne of bricks! And I'm older (26) so maybe classed as one of the oldies haha!

No I did BTEC Level 3 H&SC and cant remember a lot of it, im stressing about the money side of things! Im ready to just get on with it now though! And im really excited o move to Cardiff although im going to have to learn how to pronounce welsh place names! Lol x
Just checked calendar and 1st of feb is a Sunday so it must be 2 nd. Will know more when I accept I suppose 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swannie15
I got an email with a link to the application website but it is rubbish it doesn't save any of your progress! so frustrating! Ive stuck the website below :smile:

http://www.nwsspstudentfinance.wales.nhs.uk

Aww thankyou! :smile: i'll have a look now! x
Does anyone know the start date for the course, because I don't think I move into the accommodation until the 27th of Feb? And are any off you going to Cardiff on the 11th of Feb? xx
Date for adult nursing on ucas is 1st feb which I find strange. I've not accepted offer so don't know anything else at the moment. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay, I hope they let us know soon! I don't think they have said anything in a letter about our start date xx
I've Not missed anything yet then lol! Only had interview 15 th dec then given place on the 18th. Going to give it a couple of days next week to see if get any other offers closer to home. If not I shall be coming to cardiff 😃xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending