The Student Room Group

The Sony Playstation Society V

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NathanW18
Haven't played it yet. Got home and saw it lying there waiting for me!

I paid £37.85 for mine. I think that's a fair price for three great games. I pre-ordered it on Wednesday and it's already gone up to £41.85.

Decent price, though with judicious use of the likes of Bespoke Offers it's been possible to achieve pre-order prices in the region of £32. :tongue: I'm still stuck right in to The Witcher III right now, so have no need to get The Nathan Drake Collection just yet (especially when I've already played all of the games on PS3), but certainly will get it in time. Still, getting it a week early isn't any bad thing!

This is far too tempting...

For anyone who's not yet played it, The Witcher III is easily one of the best games of the year. :yep:
Reply 681
Is there a PS4 TSR Community around?
Original post by estel
Is there a PS4 TSR Community around?

Not to my knowledge - but my all means create one and share it here.
Reply 683
Original post by Illusionary
Not to my knowledge - but my all means create one and share it here.

Well, communities discovery is horrible - there's no search xD
Original post by estel
Well, communities discovery is horrible - there's no search xD

Indeed - hopefully that'll be improved. Perhaps it'll encourage sharing of PSN IDs, though!
Reply 685
Original post by NathanW18
Haven't played it yet. Got home and saw it lying there waiting for me!

I paid £37.85 for mine. I think that's a fair price for three great games. I pre-ordered it on Wednesday and it's already gone up to £41.85.

Have you had a chance to play it now? :smile:
Original post by dhr90
Have you had a chance to play it now? :smile:

It's been over a week and I still haven't. The game is still in the cellophane!

I've been playing Destiny non-stop for a while now. I don't have much desire to play anything else. Especially since The Taken King released.
So once again wise people I need your help.

After months of saving I finally got a PS4 recently, and I'm now regretting it. As I've said before I want as little online stuff as possible, but I'm currently finding it impossible to download patches, despite having no problem downloading the firmware.

I've tried turning connect to internet on and off, messed with automatic update settings repeatedly, tried rest mode, tried rest mode with the game in the console, logged out, created a new user and nada. Trying to update application in the options menu prompts PSN login. Settings show I'm connected but I find no way to download without running into 'log into PSN.' I've tried Dying Light, FIFA 16 and Shadow Warrior.

Have I really just bought a device with less functionality for non-PSN people then the old man PS3 which has always updated games for me?
Original post by Truered
So once again wise people I need your help.

After months of saving I finally got a PS4 recently, and I'm now regretting it. As I've said before I want as little online stuff as possible, but I'm currently finding it impossible to download patches, despite having no problem downloading the firmware.

I've tried turning connect to internet on and off, messed with automatic update settings repeatedly, tried rest mode, tried rest mode with the game in the console, logged out, created a new user and nada. Trying to update application in the options menu prompts PSN login. Settings show I'm connected but I find no way to download without running into 'log into PSN.' I've tried Dying Light, FIFA 16 and Shadow Warrior.

Have I really just bought a device with less functionality for non-PSN people then the old man PS3 which has always updated games for me?

Do you not have a PSN ID? It's somewhat central to using much of the console, so if you don't have one I'd strongly recommend doing so - there's not really any downside. What in particular is your concern about creating one?
Do you not have a PSN ID? It's somewhat central to using much of the console, so if you don't have one I'd strongly recommend doing so - there's not really any downside. What in particular is your concern about creating one?

It was problems with an Xbox silver account that made me jump ship to PS3, and for various reasons I have lost faith in internet security.

All I want is to play single player games and have them be updated. I have no interest in DLC, multiplayer, demos, season passes etc and the way AAA gaming is going, the bigger the barrier I can have from their shenanigans the better. Plus I don't want to worry when PSN goes down every other day.

My PS3, Wii U and even 3DS all get patches without needing an account or my details. Urgh I should have just stuck to lower quality down-ports on the PS3 :sigh:
Original post by Truered
It was problems with an Xbox silver account that made me jump ship to PS3, and for various reasons I have lost faith in internet security.

All I want is to play single player games and have them be updated. I have no interest in DLC, multiplayer, demos, season passes etc and the way AAA gaming is going, the bigger the barrier I can have from their shenanigans the better. Plus I don't want to worry when PSN goes down every other day.

My PS3, Wii U and even 3DS all get patches without needing an account or my details. Urgh I should have just stuck to lower quality down-ports on the PS3 :sigh:

Perhaps just create a new ID with an email address that's entirely separate from any other service that you use, and alongside that use a password generator to generate a long password for you? There shouldn't really be any need for concern with that route.
Original post by Truered

Maybe I'm not understanding, but you can create an account without inputting any card details? What's the issue with just creating a PSN account?
Did any of you play the star wars battlefront beta? thoughts? I loved it, though the imperial forces were op af
Reply 693
Original post by Hectors
Did any of you play the star wars battlefront beta? thoughts? I loved it, though the imperial forces were op af

Yeah I played about an hour or 90 minutes worth. 3rd person mode was so OP it was almost comical. Those who had levelled up and unlocked lots had such an advantage too I found. Not sure now if I will buy the game given it sounds like it is only a multiplayer game. The graphics were fantastic, the aim down sights not being true sights was different and good. I would like to find out more about the other game modes, and of course play with a light sabre, but think I will wait for a price fall before I purchase it.
Perhaps just create a new ID with an email address that's entirely separate from any other service that you use, and alongside that use a password generator to generate a long password for you? There shouldn't really be any need for concern with that route.

Embarrassingly enough the next morning after I posted I remembered I'd set up a PSN account on my Vita back in December but hadn't used the store for months so forgot.

A free ID allows store/DLC code access right? I've no interest in multiplayer/Plus games.

Also should I activate my PS4 as my primary console? It's the only one I'll use the account on, but the wording made me think it was for Plus members only. Also I thought trophy synching was Plus only, but it's got my Vita trophies too, and synchs when I check my trophies.
Original post by Truered
Embarrassingly enough the next morning after I posted I remembered I'd set up a PSN account on my Vita back in December but hadn't used the store for months so forgot.

A free ID allows store/DLC code access right? I've no interest in multiplayer/Plus games.

Also should I activate my PS4 as my primary console? It's the only one I'll use the account on, but the wording made me think it was for Plus members only. Also I thought trophy synching was Plus only, but it's got my Vita trophies too, and synchs when I check my trophies.

Yep, no reason not to set it as primary - that's not really anything to do with PS+.

With trophies, what you're thinking of is automatic syncing from a PS3 (during scheduled auto-update periods); trophies will sync on request with or without a PS+ subscription.
Oh ok, thanks.

Now I guess it is time to finally start enjoying this (non-Nintendo part of) generation :yes:
Original post by Truered
Oh ok, thanks.

Now I guess it is time to finally start enjoying this (non-Nintendo part of) generation :yes:

If I could make a suggestion...
No Man's Sky June 2016
Detroit: Become Human looks amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest