The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
First off, engineering don't interview everyone and some of those they interview they give lower offers to. From what I understand, it's relatively informal especially when compared to Oxbridge and by attending, you're muc more likely to get an offer.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I had a small interview for law. They ask questions like:

Why this course?
Previous experience?
Which area are you most interested in?
Why Durham?
Reply 3
Myself and quite a few others were interviewed for Engineering it was very informal and could hardly be classed as an interview, but it involved 2 'interviews' one at your college of choice and one by an engineering lecturer.

They asked rather non-chalant questions, why are you interested, name your favourite structure, why, and then we spoke about some random things that was in the news recently.

My college intervview was a bit more bizarre, we spoke about the college and why durham/st marys and also she asked me a few questions about engineering, about fuel for cars and would i think pearls would be a viable alternative for fuels (just for a mini argument thing so to speak).

If you have any questions feel free to get in contact - I'm just starting my 2nd year

Ian
When I was interviewed for physics I was told, ''there is almost nothing you can do, short of knifing your interviewer, to not get an offer after an interview''. So basically, if you get an interview you are pretty much in. They just use the interview to sell the place to you

Latest