The Student Room Group

What should I do

Ok, so I've recently completed NCS and had an amazing time and met fantastic people. Recently I have began to think of one of my team mates (a guy) as more of a friend? I don't know if I like him as such because when I talk to my friends about him, they assumed I liked him but I don't know. I felt as if I was asking their advice on a crush but he is my friend and have never seen him as anything more until now - I think he is funny and he does understand me, we get along but I don't find him attractive but enjoying speaking to him.We went out last weekend and things felt different around him, like I was nervous and didn't want to look silly. Have never felt like this before around him. People have said things like being in a relationship/falling in love happen unexpectedly and I thought this was one of those things but I feel like I am forcing things by over thinking.

I just don't know what to say or do?

So far only 4 people now how I feel about him including my best friend (guy) who knows him. I really want to talk to the guy but am afraid he will reject me. He has replied to me in the past. What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I think you should let him know how you feel otherwise you will never know how he feels for sure but it will be tormenting to think if you had a chance with him. And I think the best relationships happen when we are awesome friends with the guy first so it is worth a try...best of luck xx
Reply 2
Original post by a9493r
I think you should let him know how you feel otherwise you will never know how he feels for sure but it will be tormenting to think if you had a chance with him. And I think the best relationships happen when we are awesome friends with the guy first so it is worth a try...best of luck xx

You gave me hope. I'm so afraid to tell him. We don't have the best convo through text. I'm worried if I tell him and he doesn't feel the same way and he might stop talking to me. I'm also worried he'd reject me outright even as a friend. X
Reply 3
Original post by AJMistry
You gave me hope. I'm so afraid to tell him. We don't have the best convo through text. I'm worried if I tell him and he doesn't feel the same way and he might stop talking to me. I'm also worried he'd reject me outright even as a friend. X

Ok then I think first you should try to find out somethings from his friends. But guys don't always say everything to everyone in their group...so try finding it out from his closest friend. Like try to find out if he likes someone.
Best of luck, let me know how it goes :smile: x
Reply 4
Original post by a9493r
Ok then I think first you should try to find out somethings from his friends. But guys don't always say everything to everyone in their group...so try finding it out from his closest friend. Like try to find out if he likes someone.
Best of luck, let me know how it goes :smile: x

His closest friend I know is my best friend. It'll be awkward if I ask him. He only found out yday that I liked the guy. Telling the guy I like him isn't an option but I want to talk to him as friends but am so afraid he may reject me. I'm even second guessing mu feelings for him. I don't even know how I feel. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Aww...I think you should get a clear perspective on how you feel and if you think there are prospects with him then go for it because you never know he might feel... Or I think let some more days go and try to understand the guys feelings...so is he the first to text you.. Or is he a little flirty..not overly pushy but just a tad bit flattering...does he want to make plans and hang out with you a lot...does he listen to your convos and refer back to them... Lol...am giving you a whole list but don't worry if you're not sure then wait before rushing into things I think :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by a9493r
Aww...I think you should get a clear perspective on how you feel and if you think there are prospects with him then go for it because you never know he might feel... Or I think let some more days go and try to understand the guys feelings...so is he the first to text you.. Or is he a little flirty..not overly pushy but just a tad bit flattering...does he want to make plans and hang out with you a lot...does he listen to your convos and refer back to them... Lol...am giving you a whole list but don't worry if you're not sure then wait before rushing into things I think :smile:

I know in the past if I told a guy how I feel they reject me even as a friend. He won't message me first which really irritates me because if he did like me then would but his friend has said to me he is a hard person to read which I knew. I really like him as time has passed but I'm just still afraid he will hate me for saying how I feel. The saying opposites attract kinda relates to us but I am worried we are too different. I'm afraid to be myself around him which I never used to feel. I haven't spoken to him since Monday but I know he won't make the effort. I just don't know what I should to do next...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I think you should just wait a little more, see what happens before making any move...try to normal around him. Give him some time...then am sure he'll be texting you first... :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by a9493r
I think you should just wait a little more, see what happens before making any move...try to normal around him. Give him some time...then am sure he'll be texting you first... :wink:

I know he won't make the effort. I will give it time but just am feeling very disheartened. He won't text me first! I doubt anything will happen 😭💔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Patience is the key. I think you're tempted because he isn't givinng any sign of interest. It's a human nature, when something isn't running after you, you become tempted.
I think you should wait and see if he makes a move. If he doesn't then I think he isn't interested. Be patient and wait for 7 days.
Reply 10
I totally agree and especially guys get like really obnoxious if you chase them so give him space, am sure he will respond :smile:
Original post by AJMistry
Ok, so I've recently completed NCS and had an amazing time and met fantastic people. Recently I have began to think of one of my team mates (a guy) as more of a friend? I don't know if I like him as such because when I talk to my friends about him, they assumed I liked him but I don't know. I felt as if I was asking their advice on a crush but he is my friend and have never seen him as anything more until now - I think he is funny and he does understand me, we get along but I don't find him attractive but enjoying speaking to him.We went out last weekend and things felt different around him, like I was nervous and didn't want to look silly. Have never felt like this before around him. People have said things like being in a relationship/falling in love happen unexpectedly and I thought this was one of those things but I feel like I am forcing things by over thinking.

I just don't know what to say or do?

So far only 4 people now how I feel about him including my best friend (guy) who knows him. I really want to talk to the guy but am afraid he will reject me. He has replied to me in the past. What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

speak to him u never know he might think the same but not sure how to say or waiting for the correct time don't miss the chance
Reply 12
He found out ages ago and sed we r cool. I still feel awkward and feel like he sees me as the girl who likes him and is in love with him. We have spoken since and he sed we are still cool! I messaged him about Christmas and he has replied but I haven't replied back as I'm afraid he'll think I'm annoying. My friend says he's not worth my time but I still care and still have feelings for him. I still feel awkward but he assures me that we r cool. What should I do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending