The Student Room Group

I'm really hoping that someone has the answer to this..

Because I'm going out of my mind not knowing. Tomorrow is probably going to be a really hard day because I've had the most horrendous experience on my course, there are no words to describe how awful the uni has made me feel (to the point whereby I went off on sick for stress for 5 weeks). I'm beginning to think that leaving is my best option, I'm not sure this misery is worth it anymore. Tomorrow is the day I'm expected to challenge all those whom have made this experience so bad and I'm dreading it.

My question for you is, do social work bursaries (including the bursary for the tuition fee) need to be paid back if I quit? I can't find anything online and the helpline is closed with it being Sunday. I know it might sound silly but I feel like the walls are closing in I need a plan, tomorrow seems so far away to know.
Original post by Plum18
Because I'm going out of my mind not knowing. Tomorrow is probably going to be a really hard day because I've had the most horrendous experience on my course, there are no words to describe how awful the uni has made me feel (to the point whereby I went off on sick for stress for 5 weeks). I'm beginning to think that leaving is my best option, I'm not sure this misery is worth it anymore. Tomorrow is the day I'm expected to challenge all those whom have made this experience so bad and I'm dreading it.

My question for you is, do social work bursaries (including the bursary for the tuition fee) need to be paid back if I quit? I can't find anything online and the helpline is closed with it being Sunday. I know it might sound silly but I feel like the walls are closing in I need a plan, tomorrow seems so far away to know.

Hi, it sounds like you're having a pretty tough time - try to give yourself a bit of break, you're going to worry yourself sick.

Here's the best info I could find on the web:

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/repayments

http://ask.sheffield.ac.uk/help/enquirers/bursary_payback

So I gather that the bursary re-payment depends on whether the bursary is from your university of Student Finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending