The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Adult nursing at Leeds Beckett university?? :)

So I am starting at Leeds Beckett university on September 2015 and it would be nice to meet some people before I moved there and start the course :smile:
Also for any current students who are studying Adult Nursing at Leeds Beckett now, it would be great to here your opinions on how the course it, the accommodation you're in and the placements etc.

:smile:
x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katiehigginsxo
So I am starting at Leeds Beckett university on September 2015 and it would be nice to meet some people before I moved there and start the course :smile:
Also for any current students who are studying Adult Nursing at Leeds Beckett now, it would be great to here your opinions on how the course it, the accommodation you're in and the placements etc.

:smile:
x

Hey I applied for Leeds Beckett uni too for Adult Nursing! :biggrin: have you sat an interview yet or received a conditional offer l? :biggrin: x
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Original post by shannonangela333
Hey I applied for Leeds Beckett uni too for Adult Nursing! :biggrin: have you sat an interview yet or received a conditional offer l? :biggrin: x

Yeah I applied last year to start this year so I had an interview in like April and got an unconditional offer but then I got deferred to September 2015 so now I'm just doing a gap year :smile: what about you? x
Yeah I applied last year to start this year so I had an interview in like April and got an unconditional offer but then I got deferred to September 2015 so now I'm just doing a gap year :smile: what about you? x

Aw congratulations!! So lucky! :biggrin: And I'm just finishing my Alevels and sent away my ucas yesterday, was going to a gap year myself but just went for it😂 sooo nervous lol, how was your interview is the questions tough?:ZZ x
Original post by shannonangela333
Aw congratulations!! So lucky! :biggrin: And I'm just finishing my Alevels and sent away my ucas yesterday, was going to a gap year myself but just went for it������ sooo nervous lol, how was your interview is the questions tough?:ZZ x

Thank you :smile: the interview was actually fine! It wasn't a one to one thank goodness haha there were quite a few other people there and we all got split up into groups of about 6 and then we had a service user and a lecturer or someone from the university involved as well. It was kind of just like a chat about what experience you had, what you thought nursing consists of and stuff like that. You wanna make sure that you're not sat there quietly but then you also want to make sure that you're not too loud and speak too much haha! Then after that we walked over to another building and did a literacy and numeracy test and that was it! Depending on which group you're in you may do the literacy/numeracy test first and then the group interview but it's all good! x
Thank you :smile: the interview was actually fine! It wasn't a one to one thank goodness haha there were quite a few other people there and we all got split up into groups of about 6 and then we had a service user and a lecturer or someone from the university involved as well. It was kind of just like a chat about what experience you had, what you thought nursing consists of and stuff like that. You wanna make sure that you're not sat there quietly but then you also want to make sure that you're not too loud and speak too much haha! Then after that we walked over to another building and did a literacy and numeracy test and that was it! Depending on which group you're in you may do the literacy/numeracy test first and then the group interview but it's all good! x

Hopefully I don't stick out too much with my northern irish accent then hahaha! Thankyou so much really helpful! x
Hi I have an interview for the 28th, I have already had interviews and they have not gone well whatsoever:frown: despite this being my second time applying though UCAS. How were your interviews? could you please tell me if there is anything that I need to do for the I interview? And what was the maths and literacy test like? As I really want to do well in at leat one interview. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have just been offered a place for September as well, really undecided whether I want to move to Leeds or stay close to home and go to John Moores - been offered the both with same grades.. Such a hard decision 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eloisesigg
I have just been offered a place for September as well, really undecided whether I want to move to Leeds or stay close to home and go to John Moores - been offered the both with same grades.. Such a hard decision 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely go to Leeds! Move somewhere new and have a great experience! Leeds isn't that far from Liverpool anyway :smile:
Definitely go to Leeds! Move somewhere new and have a great experience! Leeds isn't that far from Liverpool anyway :smile:

Yeah! For Leeds Becket, ahh I'm so undecided! Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
Original post by eloisesigg
Yeah! For Leeds Becket, ahh I'm so undecided! Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

I got an unconditional offer so I'm definitely going! How about you?
Conditional! Such a life changing decision to make!! But congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hi I have had an unconditional offer for adult nursing x :smile:
Original post by Suziea75
Hi I have had an unconditional offer for adult nursing x :smile:

Aw same as me! Have you confirmed your choice for there? x
Reply 14
I put Huddersfield down as my first choice, but the entry requirements are a lot higher! Leeds is unconditional, but I love them both so will be happy whichever one I end up at :smile:
Does anyone have An interview day for nursing at Leeds Beckett on the 11th of February?
Reply 16
Original post by CathJohnson
Does anyone have An interview day for nursing at Leeds Beckett on the 11th of February?

Can I ask when you sent in your application ? And how long it took them to get back to you?
Thanks!
I sent my application middle of December and got an interview last week! They have up till may to make a decision so don't panic☺️
Reply 18
I received an unconditional offer which I have accepted! :smile:
Reply 19
Just to let everyone know you can apply for student finance now x also does anyone think it's a good idea starting a Facebook group for us to keep in touch before the course starts in Sept?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending