The Student Room Group

GCSE scares

Hello,

I started my GCSE ICT 1 year course this year and the exam is in January and I'm just worried that I'm going to get a low grade, like all my mocks I've done has either been a C or a B and I really want to get an A* but the exam we're sitting is Cambridge Nationals in R001 and R007, it's about loads of different stuff but not the stuff I thought it was going to be about,

My passion is with computers and games, building computers and everything to do with them, I just find it difficult to focus during lessons as it's all about what is the best files to use and different scenarios about photography company's and what they should use to secure their data on a laptop and the answers are stuff like biometric encryption, like if a company can only afford laptops, how are they going to afford biometric fingerprint scanners, who would even think of that.

and I wan't to go into a job like, building computers, photo editing and video editing, also some light coding but since I can't do that stuff for my GCSE's I'm worried I'll get a bad grade and wont be able to get the job of my dreams.

I also want to study for college or university in a different country but I don't know how to go about that,

My other subjects are okay, English I'm doing good, for my last writing assessment I got a C, Maths not too good, Photography C and some U's, Resistent materials F,

I got some low grades as for the past 12 weeks a select few people have had to miss Thursday lessons and do a course in BTEC for some skills things which I think was a waste, but what do you think and any tips for getting my grades up, and inb4 revise, I have been

:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending