The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I definitely can, see, I adored Nottingham's campus, but wasn't sure about the distance away from home (5 hours) and the city's reputation (I know, it's bad to base decisions etc...But I'm a bumpkin and proud!), I hadn't been to Exeter for one reason and another, but honestly, I loved it! From the second I got off the bus (at the wrong stop and had to walk 300 miles up a hill in the pouring rain :love: Devon rain), thought it was so green.

Which Birks Grange block are you in? I have a friend in umm, Block A and another in Block C (I think), is Block C the wing on the right hand side as you walk down those metal stairs into the "quad" bit by the entrance?

Just really hope they accept me. Applying whilst on a gap year is so nerve wracking!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
lukie till i die...yes we are all still here...but do not wish to associate with you weak jiff...do you yet understand the concept of EG, bolt and other associated words?
Reply 22
why of course! bolt it fresh!
Reply 23
one reply does not represent the general consenus...I can imagine it now all of you jiff staring into the screen thinking "wtf is EG!?" All in good time my main campus friends, all in good time
Aphrodite
Cornwall is my true love :wink: But I've kinda adopted Exeter into Cornwall :wink: Im half cornish :p: Exeter has the most amazing views ever! I even love that little green pond =D (the little one past Harrison Building when youre heading towards the theatre :wink:) Im glad Im not the only one who can see hteirselves living there :p::biggrin:

With the rain, the algee has stopped looking like a putting green, and the pond (its jsut before the Laver building which is jsut in front of the harrison building as you come from the peter chalk center) now looks like a pond :biggrin:
Reply 25
J19872
one reply does not represent the general consenus...I can imagine it now all of you jiff staring into the screen thinking "wtf is EG!?" All in good time my main campus friends, all in good time

no, no, I can happily look back on many nights of bolting it followed by a slurred EG. Fortunately now that Freshers week is over, we're rarely ordered to bolt it fresh, which my liver is pretty damn grateful for. You Lukies are a strange bunch, though. Streatham campus would certainly be a more interesting place if you all invaded it.

And Lady_Muck, I am in C block but I think it's B block you're thinking of... C block is on the left when you come down the stairs. They're pretty much mirror images of one another though, I think. Birks doesn't quite have the soul of, say, Mardon, but it is certainly a nice place to live...
theonlyway

And Lady_Muck, I am in C block but I think it's B block you're thinking of... C block is on the left when you come down the stairs. They're pretty much mirror images of one another though, I think. Birks doesn't quite have the soul of, say, Mardon, but it is certainly a nice place to live...

Yeah, you know it :biggrin:
Reply 27
yeah it's B I think she's in, then the other one I'm pretty sure is A.
The campus is lovely and the city's really nice as well. It rains far too much and there are far too many hills :p: but other than that, it's great! You've already picked up on the 'Travel Lodge' nickname for Birks Grange, I see! It is nice, but, like all accommodation here, ridiculously expensive.
Reply 29
Omg yes it rains sooo much! I've never had this many thunderstorms! Theyre amazing fun though. Got slightly soaked last night in our water fight :biggrin: I dont mind the hills too much cos I can feel the progress my calves are making...theyre gonna be rock solid after this year I know it!
Reply 30
Lol, where did you have a water fight?

It is so gorgeous here, the view from holland is particularly stunning!
I'm Spartacus
With the rain, the algee has stopped looking like a putting green, and the pond (its jsut before the Laver building which is jsut in front of the harrison building as you come from the peter chalk center) now looks like a pond :biggrin:

wow! Im shocked! :p::biggrin:
Reply 32
Chester
Lol, where did you have a water fight?

It is so gorgeous here, the view from holland is particularly stunning!

Outside the front of Kilmorie, the road gets really flooded there! Perfect.
Reply 33
I live in north devon 1 and a half hours away frm exeter on train, yes it is loveley and the primarks huggeee!!!x
Reply 34
Yeah, the Primark is pretty special :p:
Reply 35
Whereabouts in North Devon are you?

Latest

Trending

Trending