The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
page_down
I anit heard jack yet.....

me either. i rang them up on tuesday and they said that the final interview offers were just being sent out and that if we have an interview we would know by the beginning of next week.
Reply 101
hang in there!
Reply 102
yeah hang in there!!! so does this mean there are no january interviews?
Reply 103
I heard otherwise from the interviewers themselves. The pms wishes to interview a large amount of students and they still cannot find the staff to do it!

four people are required for the panels (usually 3 as someone is bound not to turn up): A doctor, an admissions staff, a student, and I am ashamed to say [and i quote] "A blind one armed disabled black lesbian" (:s-smilie: )to fulfill the political correctness issues.
Reply 104
finally got my interview letter! it was posted out 1 wks ago...19th@exeter! (stupid post)
Reply 105
Where do you live?
Reply 106
IM CONFUSED!!!!

Do PMS ask 'standard' questions like why doctor, not nursing, spare time activites, questions on ur PS, etc. ????

Or is the interview just on one ethical issue and the 'standard' stuff is on the questionnaire??

Sorry to soudn stupid.
Thanks.
Reply 107
no, they do ask proper questions - though they love to place an emphasis on ethical questions. It is whether you answer these properly and honestly (dont be afraid to say "i dont know yet"!!).
Reply 108
thanks danesh
i had mine today cant believe they make a decision 10 mins after you leave the interview room and then tell you in jan if you got an offer..i wanna know now!!`
Reply 110
I don't think theres students on the panel, in fact im nearly sure of it. They wont ask you 'why do you want to do medicine', but the answer to that will probably be subtly teased out during the ethical scenario. Just be prepared to think on your feet.
Reply 111
Iceman how did it go?
Did they only ask you ethical questions?
And about how you felt?
just be on the ball. think logically and be reflective in all your answers
Reply 113
hey anybody went on the 14th? recognise the asian from sheff?
Reply 114
i fink ther interview system is probably the best one i ave come across for selecting candidates for medicine.
Reply 115
Gizmo!
i fink ther interview system is probably the best one i ave come across for selecting candidates for medicine.

Tell me, what was the format of the day? How was the "team based" exercise, and more specifically what was it?!:smile:
danesh
Tell me, what was the format of the day? How was the "team based" exercise, and more specifically what was it?!:smile:

There was no team based exercise at my interview, which was last week. I think they've got rid of that. :confused:

We went and registered, then had to wait around for ages. Then there was a v quick talk about the interview. Then more waiting. Then interview, which was about 20 mins and based on ethical scenario (chocie of 3). Apparently everyone is asked exactly the same questions. 3-4 people on interview panel (I had 3). Then more waiting. Then quick tour. Didnt see much, probs wouldn't bother staying for this bit, unless you want to talk to the current students. Basically a lot of waiting. I actually quite liked that, cos it made me less nervous. I was so fed up by the time it got to the interview that I was actually alosmt looking forward to it lol. Was also good to have lots of time to talk to other people applying, some of them were lovely. :biggrin: Overall it was quite a good experience....I really hope I get an offer!:s-smilie: But then so does everyone else.
Reply 117
Cool, I cant wait!!!!

Thanks very much :smile:
yeah hated the fact they asked you to come soo early for the pre-reg and then made you wait another hour or so for the interview lol was ridiculous. I had 3 interviewers in my interview..
Reply 119
damn, i have 3 hours to wait!! Should make for some interesting conversation!

Latest

Trending

Trending