The Student Room Group

How is Islam portrayed in the media and society?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by am_blue
They have done something wrong. It clearly states in the Quran, approaching guys sexually is wrong. Having homosexual relationships is wrong. There is nothing in the Quran that states that being gay while not approaching guys is wrong though. Allah has made someone gay and that's their test in life

allah has made you and a millions others dumb, this is a test to the rest of the world
muslim girl with a niquab and a split second later terrorism
Original post by hummingthrough
allah has made you and a millions others dumb, this is a test to the rest of the world

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Original post by NadineSawicki123
Evening guys! I am a fine art university student & have just started my FMP (Final Major Project) my subject that I am doing is about how and why Islam is portrayed in the media so badly.

I would be so very grateful if you guys could take a few minutes to fill out my survey and answer is very honestly and truthfully as I am interested in what views and opinions people have.

Thanks guys have a great evening

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6mblltr

Hey I just completed your survey, could you do mine please :smile:
Thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/58FKTVS
Reply 84
Original post by BioStudentx
You make my blood boil so the conversation ends here. Not even worth talking to.

Why? Because you believe gay people should have the right to have sexual relationships with other gay people? Do blind people have the right to see? Do sterile people have the right to give birth? Do paralysed people have the right to walk? No.
Reply 85
Original post by hummingthrough

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAA, bare funny. Remember that joke on the Day of Judgement
Original post by am_blue
Why? Because you believe gay people should have the right to have sexual relationships with other gay people? Do blind people have the right to see? Do sterile people have the right to give birth? Do paralysed people have the right to walk? No.

You're just embarrassing the whole Muslim community now. I just read out to my Muslim friend what you said and his reply was this "Please don't judge all of us Muslims based on this idiot".
Original post by am_blue

As I said you are a perfect example of why when I think of muslims the ONE word that springs to mind is

Intolerance
Reply 88
You're just embarrassing the whole Muslim community now. I just read out to my Muslim friend what you said and his reply was this "Please don't judge all of us Muslims based on this idiot".

Smh, he obviously isn't a practising Muslim.

Read this fully, and understand it properly, and make him read it, then come back with a reply:

http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/part_4/quran_and_homosexuality_%28P1450%29.html
Original post by PopaPork
As I said you are a perfect example of why when I think of muslims the ONE word that springs to mind is

Intolerance

They're not all this stupid but yes, they are an intolerant bunch.
Reply 90

Intolerance

Why would a Muslim accept different views and beliefs? That...would just make them a non-Muslim. Are you dumb?
Original post by am_blue
Smh, he obviously isn't a practising Muslim.

Read this fully, and understand it properly, and make him read it, then come back with a reply:

http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/part_4/quran_and_homosexuality_%28P1450%29.html

He says "don't take the Qur'an literally" and if god exists he will judge depending on whether the person is good or not. For example, a non-muslim who saves lives being a doctor and is a very honest, caring person can still get to heaven and if Allah isn't like that then it's not a god I want to believe in.
Reply 92

Read what I sent you please, thanks.

I know he is spectacular in this respect but I see the same attitude towards my sexuality from quite intelligent muslims as well
I have a Muslim friend at school and we are cool but for some reason I judt think of the "t" word when people talk about Muslims.

I guess it is a stereotype thing.
Original post by am_blue
Why would a Muslim accept different views and beliefs?

It's called tolerance

that you don't is why I think 'intolerance' when I think of muslims
Reply 96
He says "don't take the Qur'an literally" and if god exists he will judge depending on whether the person is good or not. For example, a non-muslim who saves lives being a doctor and is a very honest, caring person can still get to heaven and if Allah isn't like that then it's not a god I want to believe in.

http://islamqa.info/en/13350

Tell him to read this, read it yourself as well.

He needs to do a lot more reading it seems
Reply 97
It's called tolerance

that you don't is why I think 'intolerance' when I think of muslims

So if a Christian doesn't believe in the same beliefs as a Hindu does that make him 'intolerant'?
Original post by am_blue
http://islamqa.info/en/13350

Tell him to read this, read it yourself as well.

He needs to do a lot more reading it seems

He disagrees with what it says :dontknow: He claims he has heard this before.
Reply 99

Intolerance

What have I ever said wrong? I've only expressed Muslim views, if you find the religion barbaric, go ahead, that's fine by me. Don't blame me just for expressing what the religion has taught me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending