The Student Room Group

Pretty people

Good looking people have life so easy compared to average and ugly people.

When it comes to relationships they have everyone throwing themselves at them. Good looking people are always the popular ones. Even if they're dumb they can just get a job as a model or an actor and everyone will love them because of the way the look

It's so incredibly unfair these people are placed on a pedestal because they got lucky with their genetics.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There are bad things too.
As sceptical as this may sound
If you have the money, you can get pretty much anything, even if you are the ugliest person on earth

Posted from TSR Mobile
How about the "good looking people" who complain about the exact opposite; that they're sick of all the attention they get from randomers they dgaf about?
I get told I'm pretty but I have yet to experience people throwing themselves at me :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugly people are just challenged to get girls on hard mode :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by pagorai
There are bad things too.

Like what?
Reply 7
Original post by shawn_o1
How about the "good looking people" who complain about the exact opposite; that they're sick of all the attention they get from randomers they dgaf about?

Boohoo
At least if you're ugly and people like you it's not for superficial reasons. Also if you were constantly approached and you were already in a relationship it might get annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Like what?

Jealousy, so it can be hard for them to actually find someone genuinely nice?
They may only attract shallow people
They can come across as being vain and self-obsessed
Unnecessary attention/ favoritism etc.

ahh idk but everything has the good and the bad side.
Original post by channies
At least if you're ugly and people like you it's not for superficial reasons. Also if you were constantly approached and you were already in a relationship it might get annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you rather that or never getting approached at all?

People only date ugly people if they're desperate and that must be so horrible for the ugly person knowing they were never someone's first choice but a last resort
I wasn't lucky with my genetics. I used to be hideous until I manned up and realised I needed to change if I wanted to be pretty.

When it comes to relationships they have everyone throwing themselves at them. Good looking people are always the popular ones. Even if they're dumb they can just get a job as a model or an actor and everyone will love them because of the way the look

It's so incredibly unfair these people are placed on a pedestal because they got lucky with their genetics.

i think people romanticise being attractive and think that if you are then your life must be perfect and stuff- which obv it isnt going to be
This is Bull****. Possibly attractive girls are more popular, but I've seen so many ugly/average guys who are popular and good looking guys who just appear average on social hierarchy.
Original post by pagorai
Jealousy, so it can be hard for them to actually find someone genuinely nice?
They may only attract shallow people
They can come across as being vain and self-obsessed
Unnecessary attention/ favoritism etc.

ahh idk but everything has the good and the bad side.

That's all so minor though. There's no downside to being hot but there are plenty of downsides to being ugly
Original post by Vixen47
I wasn't lucky with my genetics. I used to be hideous until I manned up and realised I needed to change if I wanted to be pretty.

you had a plastic surgery Vixen?

I disagree. There's a huge stigma when it comes to being attractive. Hence this OP, for starters :colonhash: No one thinks attractive people struggle because they're so hung up over their own shallow insecurities. It's only shallow people who complain about shallow people. No one takes attractive people seriously, or thinks they're capable of anything useful.

Don't even bother to dispute this; your OP says it all, and your resentment to them and you going Anon to vent.
Original post by LearningGeek
As sceptical as this may sound
If you have the money, you can get pretty much anything, even if you are the ugliest person on earth

Posted from TSR Mobile

cant get love or self respect or confidence or an interesting personality or kindness or respect or people to like you
Original post by theo1jinx
you had a plastic surgery Vixen?

Not yet. :mmm:
Original post by Vixen47

I had an ugly duckling phase myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending