The Student Room Group

Careers in HR

Hi all.

I am interested in careers in Human Resources and wanted to learn a little more about what exactly careers in HR involve. I understand it is very diverse and dependent on the company you work for, but any advice/ information about this career sector would be very helpful to me.

I should also mention that the degree I am currently studying is Early Childhood Studies so different to HR; however, a lot of adverts for Graduate Schemes have suggested that they accept graduates from any degree area as long as they have a 2:1.

Reply 1
Original post by siddiesloth
Hi all.

I am interested in careers in Human Resources and wanted to learn a little more about what exactly careers in HR involve. I understand it is very diverse and dependent on the company you work for, but any advice/ information about this career sector would be very helpful to me.

I should also mention that the degree I am currently studying is Early Childhood Studies so different to HR; however, a lot of adverts for Graduate Schemes have suggested that they accept graduates from any degree area as long as they have a 2:1.

If you are interested in HR it would be good to have a look at CIPD website, which is a professional qualification for HR. They have made a clear career opportunities map that can help you.
Reply 2
Original post by siddiesloth
Hi all.

Hi!

I am also studying Early Childhood studies and am looking at graduate HR schemes for when i finish. Did it work out for you? Would love to know how it went!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending