The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey ive applied and i got an interview! Mines on the 8th february. I assume uve applied :tongue: have u got an interview?
Reply 2
I've applied for film production :biggrin: still waiting to hear back! :smile:
Reply 3
I've applied for the course and havnt been invited for an interview yet!! does this mean I have been unsucessful?? Is that the only interview date for applicants? how long did u hav 2 wait 2 get invited for interview?? i really want 2 get in2 this course! does any1 hav any idea of how many people apply for this course each year??
Reply 4
decky1989
I've applied for the course and havnt been invited for an interview yet!! does this mean I have been unsucessful?? Is that the only interview date for applicants? how long did u hav 2 wait 2 get invited for interview?? i really want 2 get in2 this course! does any1 hav any idea of how many people apply for this course each year??

Hey, i dont think it means u have been unsuccesful because i know someone has had a 'rejection' on track for this course so unless that happens u havent been unsucessful. I applied in late september and didnt hear about my invite for interview until december - so it took a while! When did u apply? On the letter i got it said they interview applicants from january to april so theres a big time scale there for interviews to take place. I think on the open day they said about 60 people r taken onto the course. I really want to get in 2 this course too! Its my number one! Good luck decky1989!
Reply 5
Hey just got that letter 2day 2 it looks really competitive, i applied on Nov 20th!! wat was the open day like? do u hav any idea of how many people apply each yr?? Gud luck 2 u 2:smile:
Reply 6
cool well done! The open day was rele good - they did lots of talks about uni life there and accomdoation tours. There were also course specific tours. I went on the TV prod one and it looked rele good. As for number of people who apply each year, the nnumber of people attending the course talk i went on was about 100+ and there r lots of open days through the year and some people don't attend open days who still apply. So im guessing probably about 10 people per place.. 600 ppl! lol .. core i hope i get in. hav you any media experience? :smile:
Reply 7
I've spent a week at a regional news paper office in northern Ireland and a week at c9tv (channel9television) which is my local station. if i dont get in 2 bournemouth I've also applied for media professional studies with television which looks really gud. its at john moores though which doesnt have the best reputation but the degree is recognized by industry. I got thru 2 stage 2 which is a postal project and if I get past that i will be invited fot interview and aptitude asessment. This course is also highly competive but not as much as BU! Thank god!
Reply 8
decky1989
I've spent a week at a regional news paper office in northern Ireland and a week at c9tv (channel9television) which is my local station. if i dont get in 2 bournemouth I've also applied for media professional studies with television which looks really gud. its at john moores though which doesnt have the best reputation but the degree is recognized by industry. I got thru 2 stage 2 which is a postal project and if I get past that i will be invited fot interview and aptitude asessment. This course is also highly competive but not as much as BU! Thank god!

cool my experience is quite similar to yours actually. I did one week at a local paper and then 2 weeks with a video production company. Iv applied 2 other media production courses which aren't nearly so competitive. Iv got all the other offers back so if i don't get in iv still got some good places to choose from lol. what sort of stuff are u taking to ure interview and when is it?
Reply 9
Hey i didnt get invited for interview yet the letter just said they are considerin my application and if i am successful the interview will take place between Jan and April. I have nothing at the momentr but I am thinking about shooting a few short documentaries before my interview hopefully but i want 2 wait til my exams end on the 23rd of Jan. What are you bringing to your interview?
Reply 10
Hey i got an interview for 10am on the 9th of Feb and it said i cud b there until 4pm! I have nothing creative now as i wont have time 2 make short docs so the only thing creative I have is a newspaper for my media studies coursework for AS. i got full marks for it tho:smile:
Reply 11
hey, well done on gettin ful marks. Im taking 4 or 5 video projects iv done over the last few years and also some news paper articles i did on my work experience. Yeah its a bit strange how we've got to go at 10 and possibly not leave until 4. I wonder why they need us there all tht time?!? :smile:
Reply 12
They might want us 2 do sum group activities or sumfing 2 see how well we can work in a team or sumfing or it may be that they have no set times for our interview and they just bring us in 1 by 1?? I'm goin 2 hav 2 make1 short doc because i would say that they will be just lookin 4 excuses on how 2 eliminate people as there is that many people applying!! am ****tin myself!lol well it says its an informal interview so the interogation shudnt b 2 bad!ha wat projects did u make??
Reply 13
Group activities sound fun! I dont rele want to wait round a whole day just for a 10min or so interview but i suppose i gotta do wat i gotta do :smile:

I think its a gd idea to have some sort of video thing cuz like u say they will be looking for things to eliminate candidates on. I wonder how many people got invited to interview? Im not nervous yet but i will be on the day! I really want to get innnnnnnnnn!

The projects I have made are: A video diary of a my holiday to australia, an audition dvd of a mate who wanted to be on Britains Next Top Model lol!, a goodbye dvd for a teacher who left, a prospectus dvd for my sixth form (part of my communication studies course) and now i am just staring a project on my local area for my art course. What u think ull do ur documentary on?:smile:
Reply 14
i dont know yet but watch this space !!lol I will let u know as soon as i fink of sumfin gud, ur videos sound very gud! am gona start documenatary on the 24th after my exams. hey am stayin off skool da mora so am gona ring up and ask how many people have been invited 4 interview and i will let u know. am expected at least 650:frown:
Reply 15
cool I await ure decision! and yeah would be good to know how many ppl r gonna b interviewed - i dont think as many as 650 though - im sure thats how many initially applied though. I think about 200 people perhaps? some of my vids im proud of but some i think r quite sh*t but i thought the more projects r include the more it shows im dedicated to film and tv lol.
Reply 16
Hey its only 150 people who get thru 2 the interview stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so its like a 45% chance cuz der 65 ppl who get an offer. Can u let me know how u get on in the interview that evenin and give me some advice please?? Hey i wud b very surprised if u dont get thru cuz ur showreel is lethal!:smile:
Reply 17
:redface: wow we r cool *high fives* lol.. yeah sure if im not 2 exhausted ill come on here nd tell u about it and wat 2 expect. I feel a lot happier now knowing tht its only 150 ppl - so its 50/50 ish. cheers - i hope the bournemouth interviewers think its lethal tho! :biggrin:
Reply 18
how long will it take you to get to bournemouth?? I have to fly in from N.Ireland!!!!
Reply 19
wow thts a long way! were in northern ireland? Im coming from surrey so only a 2 hour drive.

Latest