The Student Room Group

Had an interview with Costa last week and..

I had an interview and was called for an OJE last week with Costa Coffee.. I think (and hope!) both went quite well. I was told to expect a call in the next couple of days. So I waited and I still had no call so decided to ring them! The manager answered and told me not to worry and to expect a call today or tomorrow, however still no call. Then today, randomly out of the blue the manager called ME! She said that they're currently going through setting up some courses (probably training courses for new staff) and that I should expect a call on Friday for definate and if not then Saturday! What should I make of this do you think? I mean maybe the fact that she called me randomly to tell me to expect a call is a good sign? Or do all employers say this?! Thanks for the help in advance! :smile:
Original post by believeinme
I had an interview and was called for an OJE last week with Costa Coffee.. I think (and hope!) both went quite well. I was told to expect a call in the next couple of days. So I waited and I still had no call so decided to ring them! The manager answered and told me not to worry and to expect a call today or tomorrow, however still no call. Then today, randomly out of the blue the manager called ME! She said that they're currently going through setting up some courses (probably training courses for new staff) and that I should expect a call on Friday for definate and if not then Saturday! What should I make of this do you think? I mean maybe the fact that she called me randomly to tell me to expect a call is a good sign? Or do all employers say this?! Thanks for the help in advance! :smile:

If they weren't interested in hiring you I doubt they would have bothered to call at all so it's looking hopeful.

I'm sorry to say you probably didn't get the job. The manager sounds like a paedophile though. Would you like to come work for me at my turnip farm! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by PigeonBhoy
I'm sorry to say you probably didn't get the job. The manager sounds like a paedophile though. Would you like to come work for me at my turnip farm! :smile:

?? What makes you think that? Would be helpful if you gave an explanation lmao. And I can assure you she's far from it but if you insist! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by will_jg
If they weren't interested in hiring you I doubt they would have bothered to call at all so it's looking hopeful.

Ahh fingers crossed then! It's been over a week almost though which is what's putting me on edge 😭
Reply 5
Bump
Reply 6
Bump
Reply 7
Well well well PigeonBhoy.. Guess who got the job!
I always believed in you.
?? What makes you think that? Would be helpful if you gave an explanation lmao. And I can assure you she's far from it but if you insist! :smile:

Do you want a job on my turnip farm?
Reply 10

If I was you I would run for my life. From your message it is abundantly evident that your boss is a vicious paedophile. I know sometimes It sounds exciting and cool to work for a child molester but no good can come of it , believe me, I learned the hard way.
Reply 11

If I was you I would run for my life. From your message it is abundantly evident that your boss is a vicious paedophile. I know sometimes It sounds exciting and cool to work for a child molester but no good can come of it , believe me, I learned the hard way.

PS. I would take up that guys offer on the turnip farm job. Turnips are a growing business and quite an exciting sector to work in right now, the pay will be great.
Original post by BurlyBoy

Do you want a job on my turnip farm. My company 'turnips r us' is going to be bigger than apple
Reply 13
Original post by cambio wechsel
I always believed in you.

Well thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending