The Student Room Group

Wrong skin/transracial

The president of the NAACP in the USA has been revealed as Caucasian after claiming she is African-American.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-33109866

Other people (like https://twitter.com/GodfreyElfwick) say they are born with 'Wrong skin'.
Some people are saying it does exist? Others comparing it to transgenders? Or just "a symptom of the White Superiority Complex"?

What are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Social Justice Warrior found to be a deceitful twunt so she can force her opinions down peoples throats.Sounds about right.

"It's more important for me to clarify that with the black community and with my executive board than it really is to explain it to a community that, quite frankly, don't really understand the definitions of race and ethnicity," she said in a television interview.
Original post by bananainpyjamas
The president of the NAACP in the USA has been revealed as Caucasian after claiming she is African-American.

Other people (like https://twitter.com/GodfreyElfwick) say they are born with 'Wrong skin'.
Some people are saying it does exist? Others comparing it to transgenders? Or just "a symptom of the White Superiority Complex"?

What are your thoughts?

ill never understand this stuff, youre born black or white, you cant choose. your born a girl or a boy, you cant choose. i think this stuff undermines gender equality and racial equality like if equality is a goal it should not matter if your male/female or black/white, being people should count. as for preference on being able to choose how you are labeled, knock your self out be a guy or girl or whatever,i literally have no problem with that but to sue a school for not letting you use the guys bathroom because you are biologically a girl and that makes other people feel uncomfortable thats not fair.
(http://abcnews.go.com/US/transgender-teen-sues-virginia-school-board-allegedly-allowing/story?id=31705065)

as for people who want to be socially recognised as a black/white person when they arent. i understand this even less, at least with gender you might have homosexual relationship interests and being identified as the opposite sex may help some how.
nothing ticks me off more than people who say they wish they were a different colour, A) i shouldnt matter in the least B) there is nothing to gain, literally nothing if youre black and want to be white and some how change your skin to be white youll get picked on in the black people abundant area and if your white and want to be black ans manage youll get picked on in the white abundant area.

instead of fixing racial problems people are spending to long trying to "relate" to the the unfortunate events that happened in the past and not enough time fixing current ones.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anemone4Life
ill never understand this stuff, youre born black or white, you cant choose. your born a girl or a boy, you cant choose. i think this stuff undermines gender equality and racial equality like if equality is a goal it should not matter if your male/female or black/white, being people should count. as for preference on being able to choose how you are labeled, knock your self out be a guy or girl or whatever,i literally have no problem with that but to sue a school for not letting you use the guys bathroom because you are biologically a girl and that makes other people feel uncomfortable thats not fair.
(http://abcnews.go.com/US/transgender-teen-sues-virginia-school-board-allegedly-allowing/story?id=31705065)

as for people who want to be socially recognised as a black/white person when they arent. i understand this even less, at least with gender you might have homosexual relationship interests and being identified as the opposite sex may help some how.
nothing ticks me off more than people who say they wish they were a different colour, A) i shouldnt matter in the least B) there is nothing to gain, literally nothing if youre black and want to be white and some how change your skin to be white youll get picked on in the black people abundant area and if your white and want to be black ans manage youll get picked on in the white abundant area.

instead of fixing racial problems people are spending to long trying to "relate" to the the unfortunate events that happened in the past and not enough time fixing current ones.

I think think that summed up the whole situation very well! :smile:
I think think that summed up the whole situation very well! :smile:

haha A-levels got me rambling and venting and occasionally they dont sound fully stupid or plain rude :biggrin:
I am glad i am white and proud of it :smile:. If I was to start life again and was able to choose. i would choose being white every time :biggrin:
I myself happen to be a Pakistani, gender neutral, bisexual, oak tree trapped in a white, male, human body. And if you disgree then you're obviously a racist, sexist, speciesist, trans/homophobic bigot, who probably loves Hitler too. Stop oppressing me.
Reply 7
What has this world come to? Transracial? What happened to loving the skins you're in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
The world has gone even battier than it already is.

That said, at least once genetic engineering develops further these people can have their skin made white before birth.

Personally i can't wait for a largely white world.

White societies / countries are better places and most ethnic minorities agree if you look at world immigration, non-whites are desperate to live with white people in white societies.
Reply 9
Original post by BrightBlueLight
White societies / countries are better places and most ethnic minorities agree if you look at world immigration, non-whites are desperate to live with white people in white societies.

You'd solve racism overnight and you'd strengthen the white position in the world as we'd become a majority of the global population. Perhaps it could even change some countries cultures as they feel less of a divide with the west.
The video is pretty hilarious:
http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/12/naacp-rachel-dolezal-not-black-white-parents-interview/ (second video)

"are you African-American?"
"I don't....I don't understand the question"
I don't find her being 'transracial' a problem at all. Surely if we are accomodating to transexual people, then this should be okay too?

However, what I find more disturbing about this is the following:

a) her attempt to pass off as black included a whole load of stereotypes of being black that she seemed to think were necessary for it - child abuse, broken marriages, and so on, which isn't cool.
b) she's pretty much a pathological liar. As I said, nothing wrong with declaring she's black any more than people can declare themselves to be a different gender or of none; but it's the dishonesty of this case that is remarkable. She created a whole back history that pretty much absorbed her persona, and brought her family into disrepute by claiming she was abused using slavery whips, and that one of her parents' adoptive black children was actually her child she had through custody, and she's seen in photographs with someone she claims is her father who actually isn't. Oh, and childhoods in tents in Montana hunting for food with a bow and arrow.
3) there's nothing extraordinary about NAACP chapters having white members or white leaders. However, Dolezal's invention of apparently roughly ten hate crimes, which apparently were mostly fabricated, serves to actually harm the interests of black people, and on that she should be sternly condemned.

I fear she may have mental health issues.
(edited 8 years ago)
Transracial? Is that the politcally correct term for wiggers?

"Yo bro, I be tranzracials innit"
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anemone4Life

10/10 post looooool :biggrin: that whole 'want to be a different colour/sex' thing ticks me off like none other.

i ran out of '+1' points, so i've resorted to doing this instead aha. but seriously, would '+4935438975983458934' points count?
:colonhash:

who in God's name

would fall for this

who? look at her. it looks like half arsed blackface. :colonhash:
is that a wig? lmao.
When blokes do that sort of thing, it's called blackface and condemned as racist. When a woman does it's called transracial. Double standards.
Original post by theDanIdentity
10/10 post looooool :biggrin: that whole 'want to be a different colour/sex' thing ticks me off like none other.

i ran out of '+1' points, so i've resorted to doing this instead aha. but seriously, would '+4935438975983458934' points count?

haha im sold give me all dem reps, but in all seriousness why?? if she wants to feel oppressed racial cus its some sort of thing shes into walk down to the nearest black neighborhood and call them filthy or what ever sounds appropriately racist, then shell know how it feels to be oppressed rather than making up BS, with people like her around God must be kicking himself for creating us .
Like most social justice warriors, she's obviously mentally ill.

What are your thoughts?

i think there is a bit of Jamaican in me
Original post by Man.bear.pig
:colonhash:

who in God's name

would fall for this

who? look at her. it looks like half arsed blackface. :colonhash:
is that a wig? lmao.

she certainly looks much happier on the right :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending