Scroll to see replies

NoFergieAtUtd FC is my team name.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirMasterKey
Sending out codes via PM now.

PM the code please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Disappointed to see the changes this year - no need for it in my opinion.

Oh well, joined the league - anybody brave enough to face me H2H in division A? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But imagine when you get that treble call right... :dice:

I think I agree with Lucio.. the changes just bring more luck into the game.
Reply 44
Original post by qwerty_mad
Adds a little to the excitement and bravery of making calls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

true but don't you already have that with the captaincy every week anyway?

Original post by Zerforax

imagine when your treble captain gives you 6 points...

aguero on a great week can get maybe 16 points (2 goals, 1 assist, 90 minutes played, 3BPs).
aguero on a terrible week can get 2 points (90 minutes played).
so two players who regularly captain aguero could play their treble chip on different weeks in games of equal difficulty - one gets 48 points and the other gets 6 points.

now i understand that the chips are all about when you choose to use them, but still it can be very luck based, and a 42 point difference in the example above (although perhaps a little extreme) can drastically change the outcome of a league.
we all know how high-level the TSR league is and how close it gets from the top 30 upwards, so mechanics like this could skew things a little too much.

all it takes is for one guy to luckily treble captain somebody who scores 4 goals and picks up 2 assists and they take home over 80 points from a single player for example.

personally i feel like these extra chips aren't needed; it makes the game more luck based in some aspects.
captaincy is simple enough to add a bit of extra excitement, but with these extras it just makes things more complicated than it should be, perhaps a little over-engineered.
i understand FPL may want to change things up after being the same for a while, but sometimes you should just leave things as they are if they're working well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax

Hopefully it will be a one season thing. The other two chips are ludicrous. 2-5-3 formation? And the bench counting? Should always be just be an insurance for when your team has players missing.

But I like the treble captain one. It adds more spice and I just know I'll play it wrong but I'll admire that person who captains a player like Walters who then gets a hat-trick+.
Currently on 489 posts, is that ok? I imagine I'll be on 500+ come first kick off.

Team name : TSR Wreck'n Crew
H2h Champions (C) league, come one, come all.
Reply 48
In. Walking in Memphis
Reply 49
Team name El Tigre.

Please PM codes thx
Triple captain Rooney in the early kickoff, and then quit when he gets sent off.
You'd also have to be an absolute moron not to triple captain a player in a DGW.
Reply 52
Original post by little_wizard123
You'd also have to be an absolute moron not to triple captain a player in a DGW.

Pls, you just ousted my strategy :frown:

One thing I didn't check - can you use more than one chip in the same week?
If you can, I'm legit using all 3 at once...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Pls, you just ousted my strategy :frown:

One thing I didn't check - can you use more than one chip in the same week?
If you can, I'm legit using all 3 at once...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anybody who didn't realise that wouldn't be much competition anyway.

Nope.
Reply 54
Anybody who didn't realise that wouldn't be much competition anyway.

Nope.

haha true :tongue:

i'll likely save them for later in the season anyway - it usually takes me a little while to perfect my team so it would be sily to use them too early.
Original post by Lúcio
haha true :tongue:

i'll likely save them for later in the season anyway - it usually takes me a little while to perfect my team so it would be sily to use them too early.

Always late DGWs but there will be many opportunities to use it.

Will also take some time to get a squad of 15 for the subs coin. I plan to go with Courtois + 4m so will have to sort something out there.
Reply 56
Always late DGWs but there will be many opportunities to use it.

Will also take some time to get a squad of 15 for the subs coin. I plan to go with Courtois + 4m so will have to sort something out there.

true - i just hope that the chips make things more tactical rather than luck based :tongue:

yeah definitely, i never have any players who don't play for their clubs so my bench will always earn points so on the whole i won't have trouble there.
although the 2 defender chip could be an issue since i usually have a pretty strong defence.
Reply 57
Hopefully it will be a one season thing. The other two chips are ludicrous. 2-5-3 formation? And the bench counting? Should always be just be an insurance for when your team has players missing.

But I like the treble captain one. It adds more spice and I just know I'll play it wrong but I'll admire that person who captains a player like Walters who then gets a hat-trick+.

League code please sir
Original post by Lúcio
true - i just hope that the chips make things more tactical rather than luck based :tongue:

yeah definitely, i never have any players who don't play for their clubs so my bench will always earn points so on the whole i won't have trouble there.
although the 2 defender chip could be an issue since i usually have a pretty strong defence.

The new deadline rule takes out the skill and speed of seeing team news and updating. That's really pissed me off.
In. Team name - Only Way is Schlupp

Latest