The Student Room Group

My IGCSE Results, anything holding me back?

I took the IGCSE course so bare in mind that the grade boundaries and papers are different to the ones in GCSE.

English Lang- A
English Lit - B
Higher Maths - C
Spanish- A
Media Studies- A*
ICT- C
Business Studies- C
Geography- B
Science (Double)- BB

I actually have disputes on my business grade and am considering a remark. Are these grades fine for me to get into a biological science or business uni?

I'm moving onto IB now and am taking higher level film, biology and business studies.

Will maths have a big impact when it comes to applying for a uni?

Also was wondering why on earth the cambridge IGCSE grade boundaries were so extremely high. I just barely got my A in Eng Lang by scoring 84% and literally scraping an A in spanish with 81%. Cambridge pls
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by walkersbay2
I took the IGCSE course so bare in mind that the grade boundaries and papers are different to the ones in GCSE.

English Lang- A
English Lit - B
Higher Maths - C
Spanish- A
Media Studies- A*
ICT- C
Business Studies- C
Geography- B
Science (Double)- BB

I actually have disputes on my business grade and am considering a remark. Are these grades fine for me to get into a biological science or business uni?

I'm moving onto IB now and am taking higher level film, biology and business studies.

Will maths have a big impact when it comes to applying for a uni?

Also was wondering why on earth the cambridge IGCSE grade boundaries were so extremely high. I just barely got my A in Eng Lang by scoring 84% and literally scraping an A in spanish with 81%. Cambridge pls

Hey,

You can use the UCAS Search Tool to find the entry requirements for biological science and business courses. :smile:

This Remarks thread might also be worth looking at: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3494695

Quick Reply

Latest