The Student Room Group

Hi! I'm just wondering how many A-levels people are doing?

Scroll to see replies

I'm taking 4 :smile:
I'm taking 3.
six
Original post by SophieBarlow87
six

UHHHHHH. Like. A2 subjects. You take 6? Which subjects are you taking and WHY in god's holy name are you taking so many?
Most people do 3 (like me), but if your a bit more academic people tend to do 4/5 if they really want to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jackien1
UHHHHHH. Like. A2 subjects. You take 6? Which subjects are you taking and WHY in god's holy name are you taking so many?

French, biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths. I don't take french lessons because im fluent so that one is just a bonus with no work realy
French, biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths. I don't take french lessons because im fluent so that one is just a bonus with no work realy

Wow, that's amazing. How were your AS results? Do you plan on doing medicine?
3 :smile:
Wow, that's amazing. How were your AS results? Do you plan on doing medicine?

Alrightish -3As 2Bs, dont have a grade in further maths yet. Bs in chem and maths but only narrowly missed an A so i'm sure i can bump it up :smile: Nope physics what about you?
I'm doing a BTEC and an A-level so...4.
Alrightish -3As 2Bs, dont have a grade in further maths yet. Bs in chem and maths but only narrowly missed an A so i'm sure i can bump it up :smile: Nope physics what about you?

Uh, I do Math Bio Chem Physics, AAAC. If I improve my Unit 1 Physics (D), I'll get a B or an A. Don't know if I should continue with Physics to A2. Didn't do it at GCSE, it's kicking my ass.
3 plus the EPQ :smile:
Be aware that no UK University routinely asks for 4 A levels at A2.

No they don't, not even Oxbridge.

And therefore, whilst its fine to do 4 AS, you will get no extra credit for attempting 4 at A2.
RG Unis score the top 3 and ignore anything else. Some even ignore AS levels or EPQs (yes, they do).

By doing 4 A levels to A2, you run the risk of getting BBBB instead of AAA, simply because you've attempted something as a 'clever' gesture that you didn't need to. How silly is that?
(edited 8 years ago)
Uh, I do Math Bio Chem Physics, AAAC. If I improve my Unit 1 Physics (D), I'll get a B or an A. Don't know if I should continue with Physics to A2. Didn't do it at GCSE, it's kicking my ass.

well done! Well it depends what you wanna do after and which of your other subjects you might wanna drop.
well done! Well it depends what you wanna do after and which of your other subjects you might wanna drop.

I wanna do medical genetics/ genetics at Sheffield. I don't have issues in any of my other subjects. Just physics.
Took four AS levels in bio chem maths and physics, dropping physics. Will have 3 A2s and an EPQ to do this year :smile:
I wanna do medical genetics/ genetics at Sheffield. I don't have issues in any of my other subjects. Just physics.

It should be fine to drop it then if thats what you wanna do.
Original post by returnmigrant
Be aware that no UK University routinely asks for 4 A levels at A2.

No they don't, not even Oxbridge.

And therefore, whilst its fine to do 4 AS, you will get no extra credit for attempting 4 at A2.
RG Unis score the top 3 and ignore anything else. Some even ignore AS levels or EPQs (yes, they do).

By doing 4 A levels to A2, you run the risk of getting BBBB instead of AAA, simply because you've attempted something as a 'clever' gesture that you didn't need to. How silly is that?

Do you know if Sheffield is one of the RG unis that ignores AS levels?
Original post by longsightdon
Took four AS levels in bio chem maths and physics, dropping physics. Will have 3 A2s and an EPQ to do this year :smile:

What are you doing an EPQ on?

Quick Reply

Latest