The Student Room Group

results consultation with teacher did not go well...

I got my results back a couple of weeks ago and although I was happy with a B in chemistry and sociology, I was bitterly dissapointed with a D in biology. I thought if I offered to do re-sits my teachers would be able to predict me a C at A2 but after todays consultation my department head is unwilling to. She says she knows I did a lot worse than I should of and she thinks I should apply to uni as a post- results applicant and take a gap year. I want to study children s nursing and need a minimum of 3 B grades at A2 for the large majority of courses apart from a few unis that are not great for nursing and ave abysmal pass ratings.

I know a gap year isnt the right route for me as If I get the grades I need at the end of A2 year I will spend a year doing not what I want to do which is just depressing.

I am also a young carer and went to a low acheiving secondary and really don't want to put off doing something I really would enjoy just because of one ****ing exam. Any nursing applicants know anything I can do to avoid going to ARU and having a crap time?
Reply 1
you can still apply and they can give you the BBB offer. Don't worry, I'm doing physics but even achieved one grade lower than needed and they still accepted. Deffo still apply for UCAS if you want to, you have nothing to lose.
Original post by frostyjacks4life
I got my results back a couple of weeks ago and although I was happy with a B in chemistry and sociology, I was bitterly dissapointed with a D in biology. I thought if I offered to do re-sits my teachers would be able to predict me a C at A2 but after todays consultation my department head is unwilling to. She says she knows I did a lot worse than I should of and she thinks I should apply to uni as a post- results applicant and take a gap year. I want to study children s nursing and need a minimum of 3 B grades at A2 for the large majority of courses apart from a few unis that are not great for nursing and ave abysmal pass ratings.

I know a gap year isnt the right route for me as If I get the grades I need at the end of A2 year I will spend a year doing not what I want to do which is just depressing.

I am also a young carer and went to a low acheiving secondary and really don't want to put off doing something I really would enjoy just because of one ****ing exam. Any nursing applicants know anything I can do to avoid going to ARU and having a crap time?

There are over 15 universities that will accept lower than BBB so plenty of options available for you. (see here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/List_of_nursing_degrees_and_their_entry_requirements#Child_Nursing_Branch)

Do you want to stay local or is moving/commuting possible for you?

By abysmal pass ratings what exactly do you mean? I m not sure how exactly they do the stats but nursing has a pretty high drop out rate of any degree so if thats not taken into account many statistics won't look good.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter where you go to massively as long you as you get your registration at the end of it, i m sure you can find a university you're happy with that will accept you with your grades:smile: You're at a slight advantage in having biology and sociology which are great a levels to apply for nursing with:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending