The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Applying, choice and loans

Hey guys, I have two years before I graduate -- 1 before I have to apply and I am wondering what do I need to in order to get to Imperial, Oxbridge, UCL or St Andrews. It's always been a dream of mine to study in the UK.

So for Bulgaria the entry requirements for Bachelor in Computing are Imperial - 5.9 overall and 6 in Maths, Oxbridge is about the same and UCL might be easier - 5.15. However, St. Andrews is also an option and they want 5.5 overall. I will manage with the grades, but I don't know what else I need. I have quite a few hobbies -- I go to folk dances & gym, read, write, make subtitles. What do you think I need to stand out or something. Also, which one should I go to? I mean, is Oxbridge boring when compared to London? I am not a club kind of person, but are there movie theatres etc...

Also I don't really know how the loans work. As far as I am concerned, I know that I get a loan which covers my tuition, but can I get a loan for accommodation?

And last but not least, because my *other* dream is to live in Chicago. Would I have a problem finding a job in software development/engineering there with a British diploma?

I am sorry for the many possibly ridiculous, questions and I thank you in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending