The Student Room Group

Which Universities allow you to submit a supplementary personal statement?

I know Leeds, Durham and York submit one. I was wondering which other universities allow you to give a supplementary personal statement, preferably Russell Groups?
Reply 1
Original post by sorayageorge
I know Leeds, Durham and York submit one. I was wondering which other universities allow you to give a supplementary personal statement, preferably Russell Groups?

Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

I thought that was just an optional form with veryyy limited characters which offers a chance to add any extra-curricular activities that you could not have fit into your other, main personal statement. Or to make it clear why you're choosing one of their more specific courses such as Land Economy or Human Sciences. Do you know if they allow you to submit an entirely separate full personal statement?!
Reply 3
Original post by sorayageorge
I thought that was just an optional form with veryyy limited characters which offers a chance to add any extra-curricular activities that you could not have fit into your other, main personal statement. Or to make it clear why you're choosing one of their more specific courses such as Land Economy or Human Sciences. Do you know if they allow you to submit an entirely separate full personal statement?!

The Cambridge SAQ is more comprehensive than UCAS... but, yes, the OPS (Optional Personal Statement) is not as long as UCAS.

There's the 1,200 character "Optional Personal Statement" itself
plus 300 characters for "Career Plans" (also optional)
plus 300 characters for "How you kept up your interest in the subject" (optional)
plus 600 characters for "Anything else..." (optional)

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/saq.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending