The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
8th at 3:15 :smile:
I'm on the 8th at 2:15pm :-)
Good luck with the interviews. Just relax, be yourself, have fun with it, they aren't after the cookie cutter student so show your personality! There is nothing in the interview to surprise you it's just the MMI format that tends to throw people off - Just think about it as speed dating on crack...
Original post by sampowell92
8th at 1.15pm. Do we know how many interviews and how many offers are usually made? Always like to know the odds...

Hope to see some of you there!

Original post by Joshyooah
8th at 1.15pm too mate! See you there!

Original post by ah639
Also 8th at 1.15pm :smile:

The 1.15pm slot is popular on here! Me too :smile:
Original post by lcsurfer
Good luck with the interviews. Just relax, be yourself, have fun with it, they aren't after the cookie cutter student so show your personality! There is nothing in the interview to surprise you it's just the MMI format that tends to throw people off - Just think about it as speed dating on crack...

I'm guessing that you're a current Kings A102 student? If so, how many people are there normally per MMI 'round'? I'm just trying to figure out roughly how many interviews there will be!

And thanks, I've never done an MMI interview before so I was a little nervous, but I'll try to relax! :smile:
Original post by SummerSunshine
I'm guessing that you're a current Kings A102 student? If so, how many people are there normally per MMI 'round'? I'm just trying to figure out roughly how many interviews there will be!

And thanks, I've never done an MMI interview before so I was a little nervous, but I'll try to relax! :smile:

6 stations last year apparently so should be 6 people per round?

Looks like we're gonna have a mostly TSR group at 1.15!
Hi guys!

Got an interview! 10:15 on the 8th! Best get preparing:biggrin: !
Original post by christyriot
Hi guys!

Got an interview! 10:15 on the 8th! Best get preparing:biggrin: !

Congratulations 🎊 . Did you get it this morning? And do you mind me asking what your ukcat is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SummerSunshine

yeah i am
When i did mine there were 8 interview stations (but only 7 booths so you saw 1 person twice) and they did 2 lots of them together, so per session there were 14 people. Normally they interview 160-180 people.

Its nice as if you fluff one station hugely like i did (the interviewer did laugh at me a fair bit for digging a huge hole) you step out and move into the next one and it's a completely new start. I hated the traditional interview when I had one Mmi is much better
Bit nervous for the MMI format, it's not something I've ever done before!
Reply 30
Still waiting...And track is down for 2 days, damn :P
Hurrah, interview.
Original post by blackraven
Congratulations 🎊 . Did you get it this morning? And do you mind me asking what your ukcat is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Thanks! It came on the 19th in the evening =). My UKCAT was 740. Its my 3rd year of applying and this is my first interview offer (southampton also) so I'm excited! Have you had any luck yet?!
Interview!! Ukcat 717.5, band 1. Kings is my dream uni. I'm so so happy. Good luck guys and don't lose hope. I had already done so. Also if you haven't heard yet, check the portal. I didn't get an email saying that I should check but I checked anyway (after seeing someone's post) and it was there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blackraven
Interview!! Ukcat 717.5, band 1. Kings is my dream uni. I'm so so happy. Good luck guys and don't lose hope. I had already done so. Also if you haven't heard yet, check the portal. I didn't get an email saying that I should check but I checked anyway (after seeing someone's post) and it was there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! And good luck!
Hi, I got 717.5 in the UKCAT and just got an interview for the 11th.
Reply 36
On the 2nd December I received an interview for the 11th but I immediately requested to reschedule this as this is on the same day as an exam I have. Unfortunately they haven't been able to accommodate this request so I'm panicking a bit now :frown:

Is there anybody with an interview on the 8th willing to swap?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Renn
On the 2nd December I received an interview for the 11th but I immediately requested to reschedule this as this is on the same day as an exam I have. Unfortunately they haven't been able to accommodate this request so I'm panicking a bit now :frown:

Is there anybody with an interview on the 8th willing to swap?

Hi, I'll need to double check with my work on Wednesday (in Southampton until then!) but I can't see a problem in swapping from my point of view. My interview is currently on the 8th at 3.15pm. What time is your interview on the 11th?

Have you checked with King's that this is even possible? If they're happy for us to do a swap then I'll try and change things at work on Wednesday.
Reply 38
Original post by GradMed1234
Hi, I'll need to double check with my work on Wednesday (in Southampton until then!) but I can't see a problem in swapping from my point of view. My interview is currently on the 8th at 3.15pm. What time is your interview on the 11th?

Have you checked with King's that this is even possible? If they're happy for us to do a swap then I'll try and change things at work on Wednesday.

That would be absolutely amazing! You have no idea how much I appreciate you offering to do this. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me and I'm going to ring them up tomorrow but I'll let you know as soon as I can. The time is 3:15pm.
Reply 39
Has anyone else received an interview offer but not had it updated on track? My track shows nothing but I can see the interview in the KCL portal

Latest

Trending

Trending