The Student Room Group

My GF's dress sense is so bad, baggy hoodies

In the first few months of our relationship she was wearing such nice clothes like dresses, heels. Now she wears superdry hoodies and some weird plimsol type of shoes. Basically what she wears on a daily basis is what i wear to the gym. My dress sense is very classy and elegant. I like wearing leather jackets, shirts, shoes.We look so weird walking alongside eachother.

Scroll to see replies

Consider yourself lucky, mine use to wear Primark hoodies.
She probably feels comfortable around you enough to dress in baggy clothes.

If you feel she's cramping your style, then explain to her that she should make more of an effort once in a while.

If she loves you enough then she'll change, also do you love her enough to want to stay with her based on something so superficial as garments?
Original post by Anonymous
In the first few months of our relationship she was wearing such nice clothes like dresses, heels. Now she wears superdry hoodies and some weird plimsol type of shoes. Basically what she wears on a daily basis is what i wear to the gym. My dress sense is very classy and elegant. I like wearing leather jackets, shirts, shoes.We look so weird walking alongside eachother.

well imagine wearing dresses and heels all the time it wouldn't be very comfy would it heels are so restricting I never wear them. Maybe suggest that she wears brighter clothing and more smart casual like some jeans with a bright top ..things that she can still feel comfortable in but that you like the style/or at least colour of.

Why she should wear something she's not comfortable in just to please you?
Original post by ForgetMe
Why she should wear something she's not comfortable in just to please you?

That's why there's not much point dressing up all the time it attracts men who whose attraction is quite largely based on dress sense. Then they will end up dissapointed when she feels comfortable and wears a more relaxed style lol.
Reply 6
Let her go so she can find a guy who appreciates her.
Heels are really quite exhausting to wear, you know, and they wreck your feet. :redface:

Maybe say something like, "You used to look especially pretty in dresses; could you wear them again for me sometimes?"
Reply 8
Take her clothes shopping. Make her feel confident in her body. Buy her a nice dress and flowers and take her out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. Get ready together.
Ah well, there nothing you can do. If you say anything, she'll be very upset and she'll resent you, and she still won't change. She'll still be wearing the same shabby clothes. Just gotta accept it, looking weird walking alongside her as you said. Maintain your classy style, maybe one day you'll inspire her to start dressing more stylishly to match your dress sense. It's horrible, but you just have to accept it. Be proud of your terribly-dressed girlfriend.
Reply 10
Original post by Thickfreakness
Maintain your classy style, maybe one day you'll inspire her to start dressing more stylishly to match your dress sense. It's horrible, but you just have to accept it. Be proud of your terribly-dressed girlfriend.

Is it time to say I've been inspired by my striped shirt?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i dont see the problem with what she wears. i wear similar things although i do tent do wear more elegant clothing. just deal with what she wears always wearing smart and elegant can be tiring for women to do
It's up to her what she wears.
If this is a serious issue, then your relationship clearly isn't very strong.

If this just bothers you slightly but it's not a big deal, then fair enough. But you can't make her wear what you want her to. You can suggest it, an you could try to encourage her. But at the end of the day she'll wear what she wants. It's up to you to decide whether it's a deal breaker.
Next her. You won't gain anything attempting to resolve this.
Original post by Syrianprince
Consider yourself lucky, mine use to wear Primark hoodies.

How outrageous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sister went out with someone who pointed out what she wore in a bad way and spoke badly of her dress sense. 3 months later he slapped her when she refused to go out to get some bread- stop yoself m8y

Is a bit weird, but you can look on the plus side that clearly she feels very comfortable with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Charlotte15
How outrageous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right!!
Original post by Syrianprince
I know right!!

I was being sarcastic, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending