Visit website
How did you all find it?!

St Cuths is clearly the best college, ever. [or should I say society...]

: D x
Reply 3
I was at the same open day, at VM too. I enjoyed myself too. :smile:
Reply 4
I've just got in after a four hour drive... :redface:

Had a great time at the Physics Dept, I didn't stay in a college last night, but I stayed at VM the last time I was at a Durham open day and thought it was brilliant. :smile:

Extra bonus too, I've just got home and found out that my application has been sent to a college! :biggrin:
Couldn't agree more, what time did you make it to bed?
Reply 6
I was put off by the fact that I have already been to a Boarding School.
--monty---
I was at Hatfield...hmm, I'm unconvinced. The vibe was not right...too aggressive almost. Sort of arrogant and I was put off by the rep herself saying "everyone hates us but it's just because we are considered the best college". That's not really my style. I am seriously considering asking to change college. The spooning thing at formal was quite fun though!

The famous Hatfield College went to Rome to see the Pope
And this is what he said
Who the **** are Hatfield College?
And this is what he said
**** off!
Reply 8
Trevs was absolutely amazing. (But is clearly the best :p:)
Reply 9
Well done Jazznaz.

I had a really FANTASTIC time at Trevs
5.30.... what about you?!

and who ARE you?! [colonel] - what subject?! etc....

Yeah I'd change from Hatfield if I was you - if you can [only from what I've heard though.
Reply 11
A student at open day told me it all seemed a bit too much like school to her and that surprised me. For me it's exactly the same as other unis in terms of independence, etc. There's a really amazing support system available should I need it (Durham is great for pastoral care), but I haven't thus far. I go to lectures, I party, I do my essays the night before the deadline. Just like people at unis elsewhere.
i must admit, durham put on the best open day(s) by far.i was at collingwood and loved it!
Reply 13
Hild Bede open day has definitely confirmed that Durham is the place for me. Very good fun, especially Walkabout which was worth it after all the trouble trying to get in with no ID
Reply 14
I ****ing hate the spooning thing at Hatfield, it reminds me of a bunch of toddlers.
Reply 15
What is this spoon thing?
Reply 16
Yes, they really did. I mean, do other universities do the overnight thing? I am sure most universities wouldn't greet you at the station like the people at Durham did. Very impressive.
Reply 17
Open Day was fantastic :biggrin: I'm so glad I chose Trevs now...I'm about 99.99% sure that it will be my firm choice!!!
I had a good time, Trevs is great and I absolutely love the English course. I'm not completely sure though. I do see what people mean about it being a bit too much like school, but that is probably due to the somewhat unnatural situation of the open day, and I'm sure life there is more independent. I'm starting to wonder if I'm perhaps better suited to Warwick or Sheffield, but I think I will probably still have Durham as my firm.
The snow was beautiful too :smile:
Reply 19
jonnylan
Hild Bede open day has definitely confirmed that Durham is the place for me. Very good fun, especially Walkabout which was worth it after all the trouble trying to get in with no ID

However Hild Bede reps are ****ing stupid - yet again that college proves to be completely lacking in the welfare department...

The university PLEADS for colleges to make sure that reps do NOT wear their Rep t-shirts if they go out to a bar/club on the Open Days...to the extent that this year they have said that colleges will be fined if they know reps wear their t-shirts.

I know it's good to show your college presence and of course the people on the open day know their reps, but it's all about not encouraging drinking, especially on an open day.

Trevs were at Walkabout, but we didn't wear our rep t-shirts and we had stupidly drunk Hild-Bede reps coming up to us asking if we were all "OK" and "Having a good night" to which we had to continuously explain we were Trevs Reps, not Hild Bede people.

To top it off, the few Hild Bede reps who were wasted and kept hauling themselves onto the stage, "dancing", and then being chucked off by the bouncers weren't exactly giving a good impression.

:rolleyes:

Latest