The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For Glasgow everything gets sent to you when they know you have got your results and you are definitely going. You get a big pack of stuff sent to you telling you everything you need to know. I remember mine arrived the day after results! Of course they may have changed the way they do things since then as that was 3 years ago!
Reply 2
When do students in the UK normally send their results?
Reply 3
We dont generally, well at least if we do A levels, our results are sent directly to universities when we get them in August, tho people who have already done their exams and have results could send them any time I guess.
Reply 4
Ok, thats what I meant. So you don't find out until August if you are going?
Reply 5
nope not until 16th august. I think the unis get our results before we do :confused: not 100% sure tho
Reply 6
yeh they do...eek!
Reply 7
Ive heard also that your ucas will update before we go into school for exam results? not sure if its true tho? anyone know?
Reply 8
yeah 'tis. If you go on UCAS the day exams are released at midnight the decision is up.
I should imagine UCAS will crumble under the weight of students on there at midnight though :s
Reply 9
yeah they do, i remember from last year one of my friends told me the system went down @ 12:01 because of the volume of people logging on.
Reply 10
I think I have to report my results myself (tell my school to send them) because they are international, so UCAS doesn't do them. And actually I think my deadline might be a little bit earlier, I think I should look into that because I also get my results back at the end of July/beginning of August, so not sure how that will work out!

Another thing, if I really won't find out if I am firm until August, that doesn't give very much time to prepare and move to another continent!
Reply 11
oooo god! Il be trying to log on at midnight then! scary!
Reply 12
Heyy, not to be pedantic but it was 7.00am on results day that the offers went up on UCAS. Everyone thought it was midnight but they were just too eager!!
What does it say?? Does it just go to unsuccessful if you haven't got the grades?
Reply 14
julietbooth
What does it say?? Does it just go to unsuccessful if you haven't got the grades?

for me last year (i didnt get the grades) it went to a changed course offer and i was offered a place on an alternative course xx
Reply 15
Im guessing if you dont get the grades and you dont get an alternative offer it would be unsuccessful. I guess that is the time to beg!!!!! Anyone that got in without meeting their offer...did yours go to unsuccessful and then change to confirmed when you begged enough?
Reply 16
Yeah, if you don't get in, it'll say "unsuccessful" and if you get the grades for your offers, they'll say "unconditional". I went on to UCAS on results morning and couldn't understand what it meant when it said I had unconditional offers for both my firm and insurance choices! I was straight onto the university and UCAS as soon as the hotlines opened! Was a nice feeling to know I'd got in before I went up and got the dreaded results letter from school.

And, my friend didn't have the correct grades initially so it said unsuccessful but when she got the paper remarked she went up to the grades she needed and it must have changed on track. While I'm on the subject, if you're a few marks off the grade you need, get a remark. They messed up my AS grades and I went from a C to a B in Maths which could maybe have cost me my offers for Veterinary. My friend with the incorrect grades, they marked her wrong too and she went up from a B to the A she needed for medicine.
Reply 17
I duno if itl be a good thing knowin if ya got in b4 ya go 2 skool or not......obv if ya get in it wud b amazin bu if ya new ya hadnt got in yad b so upset b4 ya even got to know ya grades n den yad av2 face every1 in skool jumpin around n bein ded excited and made up noin ud done crap compared 2 wa u needed!
Reply 18
xxnikkixx
I duno if itl be a good thing knowin if ya got in b4 ya go 2 skool or not......obv if ya get in it wud b amazin bu if ya new ya hadnt got in yad b so upset b4 ya even got to know ya grades n den yad av2 face every1 in skool jumpin around n bein ded excited and made up noin ud done crap compared 2 wa u needed!

lol very true, i found out i hadn't got in before i went into school (got a letter from liverpool accepting me onto the biovet course and was a bit :s-smilie: so i rang them up and found out i wasnt on the vet course) then had to go into school, try and stop crying, and find out my grades and then come home and ring all the vet schools just in case, i can honestly say it was one of the worst days of my life!! i dont think iv cried so much in a long time! xxx
Reply 19
I know what you mean; it's one of those hit and miss things and I certainly wasn't planning on checking the morning of results. It had got to the point on results day though that I never thought I'd make it onto the Vet course (simply because I'm not exactly the best at science and I've always struggled with it) and I'd accepted that I'd end up doing something else. I don't think I would've been all that disappointed had I not got on because I was prepared for it.

Latest

Trending

Trending