The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York it is......well.....I hope

Ok, York is officially down as my Firm on UCAS!! I hope I make the offer! I really wanna go back to England (my bro and sis live there and I used to live there too) and the fact that there are so many societies, pubs, and international people at York really made it "the place to be for me" :smile:

The course I applied for is Accounting, Business Finance and Management. Big words for a seemingly cool looking course for what I hope to get out of uni.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi" and hope to see you all in October!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hope I see you too. I've made York my firm for historical archaeology.
University of York
York
Reply 2
hullo!:smile:
gosh, i hope i make it too.. but! i just had a math paper and these are my finals.. and it was super hard.. and i think i just totally messed it up:frown: :frown: comfort mee!
Reply 3
Think positive guys!! :smile: We can do it!
Reply 4
you could always go through clearing thats what I did so don't worry
Reply 5
York seem to have a lot of places in extra this year.
How can you see what courses are on offer in extra?
Reply 7
UCAS website.
larriboo
hullo!:smile:
gosh, i hope i make it too.. but! i just had a math paper and these are my finals.. and it was super hard.. and i think i just totally messed it up:frown: :frown: comfort mee!

Don't worry about it too much! Surely if it was a hard paper then everyone will do badly and they'll mark it more generously? Besides.. you know maths, you get marks for questions even if you get them wrong if you just show some working out. And one paper can't count too much anyway, if you do well in the other papers i'm sure it'll be ok. :smile:

well done TheDutchy. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 9
Vampyrcorn

Thanks Vampy! Still looking hot in that profile pic :biggrin:
Reply 10
Vampyrcorn
Don't worry about it too much! Surely if it was a hard paper then everyone will do badly and they'll mark it more generously? Besides.. you know maths, you get marks for questions even if you get them wrong if you just show some working out. And one paper can't count too much anyway, if you do well in the other papers i'm sure it'll be ok. :smile:

thanks so much for the optimism! today's paper wasn't so bad- so hopefully it should sort out by itself! yeah i know.. i live of those marks 'follow through' you could get your answer in the first part wrong, but if you apply it the whole way through you could ace the rest of it!! :P
haha love the cheering TheDutchy! whats your offer?
Reply 11
larriboo
haha love the cheering TheDutchy! whats your offer?

30 IB points :smile: Hope to see you there, Freshers Week! :biggrin:
Reply 12
30 IB points?!?! wow! easy, eh?
i have 34 IB points- what math do you do? what course =)
Reply 13
larriboo
30 IB points?!?! wow! easy, eh?
i have 34 IB points- what math do you do? what course =)

I did Math last year. The course I'm going for ^ (Accounting, Business Finance, and Management) :smile:
TheDutchy
Thanks Vampy! Still looking hot in that profile pic :biggrin:

THANKS DUDE. :biggrin:
Reply 15
Vampyrcorn
THANKS DUDE. :biggrin:

:biggrin: No worries. Really wakes me up that pic.
did u knw.....the city of york has the award for europe's most haunted city????
am superstitious!
Reply 17
i thought that was edinburgh?? either way! im going for a ghost tour!.. with someone- because those who dont fear lack imagination.. and i have excessive imagination.. so yes. :smile:
heh... but i did think it was edinburgh
Reply 18
Ooh I'll come, those ghost tours would scare me half to death if I went on my own.
Reply 19
Ghost tour ftw. We should all go to one after a few drinks, that should be interesting.

Latest

Trending

Trending