The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Geography LSE GCSE requirements

Hi, I'm thinking of applying to LSE for geography which has entry requirements of AAA at Alevel. I do think I'm capable of achieving this, however i did hear that LSE is very competitive when it comes to GCSE requirements, where I only achieved AAAAAAAAC grades. i have heard that LSE often turns down applicants with 6A* grades, although I'm unsure if this is just for the more completive courses such as economics etc.. thank you for taking your time to read this
- Im also only doing 3 AS levels as this is what our school recommends to us. Would this also be a problem?
(edited 8 years ago)
Impossible i'm afraid. That C grade is going to haunt you for the rest of your life. Top universities will scoff at it and employers will rip your resume into shreds.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Confusedschubert
Impossible i'm afraid. That C grade is going to haunt you for the rest of your life. Top universities will scoff at it and employers will rip your resume into shreds.

Oh okay. Do you think i should repeat it?
Reply 3
Original post by Clara488
Oh okay. Do you think i should repeat it?

He's joking (I hope) one or two Cs wont matter and employers most certainly wont care, unless it's on Maths or English, just pick respected A levels and try to get As and you'll be fine
Reply 4
Original post by Fbvgehsnw
He's joking (I hope) one or two Cs wont matter and employers most certainly wont care, unless it's on Maths or English, just pick respected A levels and try to get As and you'll be fine

Okay thank you. Its just that I know LSE is very competitive n=but wasn't sure 'how' competitive if you know what i mean.
LSE is faaaar more competitive for courses like economics or law.
Geography isn't a very popular course and honestly your gcse results aren't bad at all so it shouldn't be an issue, no need to resist them. Ace your A levels, they're far more important
Reply 6
Original post by tcameron
LSE is faaaar more competitive for courses like economics or law.
Geography isn't a very popular course and honestly your gcse results aren't bad at all so it shouldn't be an issue, no need to resist them. Ace your A levels, they're far more important

Okay thank you. Panic over lol
Hey, I know this topic is old but I was thinking about applying but my gcse are far worse then the person above ...
I got A*A,3B's and 3C's

At AS level I got 3A's (Religious studies, geography and business studies) and a B in History

What are my chances be honest :frown:
Your A levels>GCSEs
Original post by whydoidothis?
Your A levels>GCSEs

Was that directed at me ?
Original post by CallousCleric
Was that directed at me ?

I meant A levels are far more important than GCSEs.

For example with bad GCSEs if you got AAA+ at a level and reapplied unis would only look at your a levels.
Original post by whydoidothis?
I meant A levels are far more important than GCSEs.

For example with bad GCSEs if you got AAA+ at a level and reapplied unis would only look at your a levels.

I understand that A levels are fare Moreno important but will my GCSE hold me back in any with LSE ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending