The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accommodation Viewing Day - Saturday April 23

Hope to see you there!

if anyone's got any questions, about Viewing Day or about accommodation in general, I'm very happy to answer them.

Sian
Accommodation Office
Hi I was just wondering is there a certain place where we meet up or is the tour self guided with no teachers around to guide us ?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Hassankay
Hi I was just wondering is there a certain place where we meet up or is the tour self guided with no teachers around to guide us ?

Hi, it's self-guided. Because we've got so many residences and because they're so different, everyone will want to see different places. We reckon you can see about 6 or 7 on the day so the best thing for you to do is have a look at our website and download the Viewing Day Guide from here:
http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/viewingday

Draw yourself up a shortlist of the residences you want to see (depending on whether you want catered or self-catered, en suite or shared bathroom and how much your budget is) and then look at the transport options and the shuttle bus route planner to work out the best way to get from one to the other.
The shuttle buses run from the Parkinson Building on campus so that's a good place to start but you'll get much more out of the day if you do a bit of planning first.

We've got staff at the Parkinson Building, at all the residences and on the shuttle buses so there'll be plenty of people around to answer questions and help you out. We'll also have printed copies of the Guide available so no need to print it out at home.

Let me know if you want to know anything else and see you there!

Sian
Accommodation Office
Hi, I am confused about the question that asks if we prefer 'quiet' accommodation, does it mean quiet as in less social, or quiet as in noise curfews, etc? I am applying to Devonshire for catered, and I really want a place there so don't want to put the wrong one. Also are most flats at Devonshire mixed gender or singular?
Original post by returnedone
Hi, I am confused about the question that asks if we prefer 'quiet' accommodation, does it mean quiet as in less social, or quiet as in noise curfews, etc? I am applying to Devonshire for catered, and I really want a place there so don't want to put the wrong one. Also are most flats at Devonshire mixed gender or singular?

Hi,

A "quiet" flat is such because the people in it have said that they want to be quiet. So we would expect people in that sort of flat not to play music at a volume that disturbs others and, if they've been out at night, to return relatively quietly without slamming doors, talking loudly in the corridors etc. It's basically a case of respecting your flatmates and ensuring your behaviour doesn't keep people awake at night if they need/want to sleep. And hopefully, they will do the same for you!

Most flats at Dev are mixed gender but there will be some single sex so you can request one if you prefer.

Hope that makes sense!

Sian
Accommodation Office
Looks like it might be a bit cold on Saturday :cry: - make sure you have lots of layers!
Half the weather forecasts are predicting showers and the other half just say cloud so we've decided to believe the second lot :yep:
Let me know if you have any last minute questions.

Here's the link to the Viewing Day Guide - hope to see you all there!
http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/downloads/file/132/viewing_day_guide_2016

Sian
Accommodation Office

Quick Reply

Latest