The Student Room Group

iGCSE English Language Question One

Yo. I just did an iGCSE English Language question one answer from the June 2014 exam, and I was wondering if anybody would be willing to mark it? It'll only take 15 minutes and I'm like mad worried about my exam this tuesday; I've got no idea if I'm doing anything right at all. I understand the tone is absolutely ****... but are my development points alright? I really wanna know what mark I'd get out of 15 for the reading part of this question.

If anybody could mark it with some feedback they would literally be so my messiah tbh.

Thanks hella if anybody's willing to do this I guess.

Here's the mark scheme: http://www.cie.org.uk/images/188180-june-2014-mark-scheme-2.pdf
Here's the insert: http://www.cie.org.uk/images/188172-june-2014-insert-2.pdf
...and here's the trash that I wrote lmfao:

Spoiler

Reply 1
You've used a lot of the points listed in the mark scheme which shows clear understanding of the text and will get you a good reading mark (14 or 15). Your writing style is also engaging with good use of vocabularly. I would give you a 4 for writing because some points felt very list-like. Remember to use words like however, therefore, despite as it will help link your points together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by mxskaan
You've used a lot of the points listed in the mark scheme which shows clear understanding of the text and will get you a good reading mark (14 or 15). Your writing style is also engaging with good use of vocabularly. I would give you a 4 for writing because some points felt very list-like. Remember to use words like however, therefore, despite as it will help link your points together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi could you help me please. i got 39/50 on my coursework and 21/3- on speaking and listeming. how many marks do i need in the test to get a B overall
Reply 3
Original post by BeAsT_
hi could you help me please. i got 39/50 on my coursework and 21/3- on speaking and listeming. how many marks do i need in the test to get a B overall

41/50 for an A and 31/50 for a B approximately using last year's grade boundaries.
Reply 4
Original post by mxskaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! You've genuinely calmed me down so much. Deadass, I'm so grateful right now. ^-^
Reply 5
Original post by FluuidKarma
Thank you so much! You've genuinely calmed me down so much. Deadass, I'm so grateful right now. ^-^

No problem, that was admittedly a very strong response to question 1. Good luck for tomorrow! I really hope it's an interview or letter and not a formal report😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by mxskaan
41/50 for an A and 31/50 for a B approximately using last year's grade boundaries.

thanks and lets hope the grade boundaries stay the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending