The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Dont move in to eldon court, leeds

My contract ends in JUNE 2016.. The place HAS NOT improved..Stayed at the LOWER GROUND FLOOR. There are BUGS and SILVERFISH everywhere.. U can review it by looking at their curtains..

In winter, it is REALLY COLD..the heater is not warm enough even if u sit in front of it. And although it says utilities are included, BE PREPARED if u exceed the £10 per month. If it exceeds, the electricity get CUT OFF, and your food in the FRIDGE will go bad..

There is also NO way out, unless u find someone to replace you. if you can't, then you will have to pay foe the rental until the contract ends..The only positive point is it is near the university. BUT, unless you don't mind living with the bugs and silverfish etc, then it is ok..

I can't believe i have stayed here for 9 months this coming JUNE 2016.. Glad i survive.. Paid a huge sum of money to get the bugs away, but its a waste.. it didn't work..

If you can find another place, please look for another one. DONT MOVE IN..please spread the word..
Reply 1
I was looking at it, now with your Review for sure I will take it out of my list.

Sorry for your bad experience.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I had same experiences (2014-2015)
COCKROACHES and BUGS.

Awful top water so we could not have a shower a week when I lived there.
I found replcement person to escape there.
HORRIBLE HELL

Original post by alice5555
My contract ends in JUNE 2016.. The place HAS NOT improved..Stayed at the LOWER GROUND FLOOR. There are BUGS and SILVERFISH everywhere.. U can review it by looking at their curtains..

In winter, it is REALLY COLD..the heater is not warm enough even if u sit in front of it. And although it says utilities are included, BE PREPARED if u exceed the £10 per month. If it exceeds, the electricity get CUT OFF, and your food in the FRIDGE will go bad..

There is also NO way out, unless u find someone to replace you. if you can't, then you will have to pay foe the rental until the contract ends..The only positive point is it is near the university. BUT, unless you don't mind living with the bugs and silverfish etc, then it is ok..

I can't believe i have stayed here for 9 months this coming JUNE 2016.. Glad i survive.. Paid a huge sum of money to get the bugs away, but its a waste.. it didn't work..

If you can find another place, please look for another one. DONT MOVE IN..please spread the word..

Quick Reply

Latest