The Student Room Group

Recovering from a bad exam?

I felt I didn't do very well on my OCR gateway biology exam today. I'm really aiming for an A* as I want to do it for A Level, but having looked through the unofficial mark scheme, I feel really bad! Any tips on how to pick yourself up from a bad exam?
in
Reply 2
you tried your best, right? theres not much you can do, and schools r happy with even a B... stop stressing focus on your other exams
btw i did a really important maths exam today, coz i want to do engineering, i saw the mark scheme. i was gutted...but i cant go back in time; ive thought of trying to bump my grade back up by doing well in the next exam; you should do the same... i honestly had tears in my eyes... but have faith... i always find that when i think ive done bad i do well and vice versa... honestly stop thinking about, have good night rest and focus on wats coming
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by robyn2000
I felt I didn't do very well on my OCR gateway biology exam today. I'm really aiming for an A* as I want to do it for A Level, but having looked through the unofficial mark scheme, I feel really bad! Any tips on how to pick yourself up from a bad exam?

I went through a similar experience with one of my A Level exams. The best thing you can do (in my opinion) is accept the fact that the exam is done and you can't go back and change your answers now. Focus on the exams you have left instead, and don't let one dodgy exam affect your performance in the rest of them :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I went through a similar experience with one of my A Level exams. The best thing you can do (in my opinion) is accept the fact that the exam is done and you can't go back and change your answers now. Focus on the exams you have left instead, and don't let one dodgy exam affect your performance in the rest of them :smile:

I agree, there wouldn't be much point in worrying about an exam that you've already done as there would be no possible way to change the outcome. Use this as a learning experience, figure out what you did wrong and work on it. Good luck for the rest of your exams!
Well yk the truth is no-one cares what grades you get. Its not about what grades you get its how much effort you put in. Dont comapre yourself to other poples grades becauase every1 is different. Your grades dont define who you are as a person. As long as you try your best no-one cares what you get. x

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAMS

Dont worry i feel i mucked up on todays Bio exam. Try your best for the other exams & dont let this put you off. x
Reply 6
Thank you for all of the support, this has made me feel much better! Hopefully maths will go better tomorrow! Good luck with the rest of exams
Reply 7
truth is ...you never recover from a bad exam...its haunts you forever
Smoke weed or get a bottle of Courvoisser brandy
Original post by Synonym
truth is ...you never recover from a bad exam...its haunts you forever

Ikr someone finally sAid it!!

Quick Reply

Latest