The Student Room Group

Why do I still think of her?

So it's been a year since I broke up with this girl, we were very toxic to each other (I'm not going to proclaim my own innocence, we were both equally as bad). In the past year I've been through a few very short lived relationships, and I can never seem to find the happiness that this girl gave me.

I've recently fallen out with a lot of friends and had the revelation to message everyone I've hurt and apologize to them, and of course this included my ex. Therefore last night I messaged her apologizing and wishing her luck for the future. The first thing she says is "I really f***ing miss you". So, as it turns out the feeling is completely mutual. I really don't know how to handle this, she makes me feel so alive and after over 9 months of absolutely no contact, I have no idea why the feelings have all come rushing back for both of us.

She's coming over to my house tonight and I'm not sure how that'll pan out, but do any of you have some advice on how I can step forward (whether that be to continue seeing her or try and drop things again)?
Your missing them sweet walls mate.
(Hodgetwins reference)
Original post by Anonymous
So it's been a year since I broke up with this girl, we were very toxic to each other (I'm not going to proclaim my own innocence, we were both equally as bad). In the past year I've been through a few very short lived relationships, and I can never seem to find the happiness that this girl gave me.

I've recently fallen out with a lot of friends and had the revelation to message everyone I've hurt and apologize to them, and of course this included my ex. Therefore last night I messaged her apologizing and wishing her luck for the future. The first thing she says is "I really f***ing miss you". So, as it turns out the feeling is completely mutual. I really don't know how to handle this, she makes me feel so alive and after over 9 months of absolutely no contact, I have no idea why the feelings have all come rushing back for both of us.

She's coming over to my house tonight and I'm not sure how that'll pan out, but do any of you have some advice on how I can step forward (whether that be to continue seeing her or try and drop things again)?

You're gonna bang
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Honestly, the fact that she seems to make you happy, on top of the fact you haven't been able to have a proper relationship since her, I'd say give it another chance. Obviously they'll be a lot of things to fix and you have to work on what exactly made you toxic to each other in the first place, but it sounds like you really suck at being apart, even after nine months. Make sure everything is mutual and take things slow, it doesnt have to end the same way, but it also doesn't have to go on too long if you encounter issues along the way. Don't get caught up in the honey moon feel all over again though, make sure you address all the issues you had. Good luck, maybe post the results of your meeting tomorrow :smile: . It could all just wear off after seeing her again after all... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending