London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Anyone received any replies today?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
There is a chance that very few people heard back (for at least 1 course), but they might not use TSR.
It is the first week of decisions though, don't get too stressed. There will be a long wait for many applicants.
Original post by Trapz99
I decided that it's time for a thread for everyone applying to LSE for entry in 2017. That includes current Year 12 students like me and others who are applying for various reasons.

Feel free to say what course you're applying to and why, as well as your GCSEs, predicted A Level grades, extracurriculars or anything else you want to write about!
Also, if there is already a thread like this can you tell me, i couldn't find anything so I made this.

Hi all,
I'm applying for Politics & International Relations, my predicted grades in all subjects I take are above 90% (I'm following Polish National Curriculum), which is equivalent to A*.
Hey guys,

I'm applying to LSE for Maths and Econ
I got AAAA in maths, further maths, econ and politics at AS
Average UMS for Maths and FM is 92
A*A*A for prediction since I have dropped politics
But I haven't got any messages from LSE :/
Should I be worried? And what time will they give out offers?
Original post by alex1314
Hey guys,

I'm applying to LSE for Maths and Econ?

Did you apply Maths and Econ everywhere else too? & was your PS split roughly 50/50 between Maths&Eco?
Hey guys,

I'm applying to LSE for Maths and Econ
I got AAAA in maths, further maths, econ and politics at AS
Average UMS for Maths and FM is 92
A*A*A for prediction since I have dropped politics
But I haven't got any messages from LSE :/
Should I be worried? And what time will they give out offers?

Which date did you apply on? I myself am applying for Economics and I wouldn't expect an offer until late December or early January. They try to make most of their decisions within 12 weeks of receiving your application.
Original post by econprospective
Did you apply Maths and Econ everywhere else too? & was your PS split roughly 50/50 between Maths&Eco?

Not really, I applied plain Economics at Cambridge, UCL and Warwick and finance at Durham.

I did a paragraph about the application of maths into Economics but not sure whether that would be enough or not. Mostly I wrote about the activities I participated and the internship I secured
Original post by Bean sprout
Which date did you apply on? I myself am applying for Economics and I wouldn't expect an offer until late December or early January. They try to make most of their decisions within 12 weeks of receiving your application.

I sent my application on the 15th cuz I applied for Cambridge as well. And I've got an offer from Warwick so I am a bit worried about LSE. Thank you for telling me that. It might take longer than I thought :colondollar:
I sent my application on the 15th cuz I applied for Cambridge as well. And I've got an offer from Warwick so I am a bit worried about LSE. Thank you for telling me that. It might take longer than I thought :colondollar:

Congrats on the Warwick offer! When did you receive it?
Original post by econprospective
Congrats on the Warwick offer! When did you receive it?

Original post by Fbiemad
They won't reject someone just because of GCSE grades, unless maybe if your BBC is in a relevant subject like Maths, which I doubt it is the case for you, so you should be fine.
I did IGCSE, so I don't know how strong your grades are compared to other GCSE students.

Oh yes they will. Several people in the 2016 thread were rejected for their GCSEs.

I got my offer last year on Feb 19th. Expect a similar wait this time around.

See my post above. You could be waiting a while for LSE but you don't have to do anything until all of your offers are in.
Reply 593
Woot! How did you manage to get an uncon offer that's awesome!!!
Original post by lovecathy
Same here, friends :smile: I'm holding an unconditional (finally!) offer for Law. Pretty sure the PS was what got me through as well (:

And the Open Day was awesome! Definitely follow redwhiteandbrit's advice on this one - it made the decision between UCL & LSE so much easier for me.
Original post by Kckc119
Woot! How did you manage to get an uncon offer that's awesome!!!

The person probably had their A-Level grades already.
Original post by JamjamjamT

Is the whole 8 weeks wait thing not accurate then?

One of my cousins got a rejection for acturial science march 9th 2016, and applied in October.

It is not really that accurate. Look at the 2016 thread for more....

It is just something to make applicants know whats going on and that their application is progressing. Some universities (e.g. UCL) just sends you an email saying they received your application and then they will never email you about your application until they make a decision. I personally like and prefer LSE's process. :smile:
Original post by JamjamjamT

Around when did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending