The Student Room Group

Article: Students react to their GCSE Edexcel maths calculator exam

Students react to the Edexcel maths exam today - you can read the article and look at funny GIFs here.

How did you find the exam? Have you checked the unofficial markscheme yet?

Scroll to see replies

As a person who is bad at maths and is just trying to scrape a C in Higher, I think it went pretty well!!
I found it to be a very good exam. Questions were straight forward apart from 1 or 2 of them. Plus no sine or cosine graph ( or function graphs in general) questions! :smile:
I struggled with compared to many I talked to about it, I found the non calc way easier :/
It was so easy, finally the cosine rule for angles was used! (Well you could use sine rule but wheres the fun in that?)
Reply 5
Original post by Bernie2016
It was so easy, finally the cosine rule for angles was used! (Well you could use sine rule but wheres the fun in that?)

yes. i used the cosine rule!! it wouldve been harder using the sine rule

I found the exam really good tbh. I didnt know how to do 2 other questions at first so i left it till i finished, then i had 20 minutes left and remembered how to do it :smile: there is one question that im not sure about tho
Original post by s.mo
yes. i used the cosine rule!! it wouldve been harder using the sine rule

I found the exam really good tbh. I didnt know how to do 2 other questions at first so i left it till i finished, then i had 20 minutes left and remembered how to do it :smile: there is one question that im not sure about tho

How many marks have you counted using the unofficial mark scheme?
It was a generous challenge - on the easier side of the spectrum :biggrin:

I can definitely relate to that biology gif, haha, I'm getting minced in the exam tomorrow.
Reply 8
Am i the only one who found the first paper way easier!?
Anyone have answers for 26th may higher tier maths paper pleass
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I found it to be a very good exam. Questions were straight forward apart from 1 or 2 of them. Plus no sine or cosine graph ( or function graphs in general) questions! :smile:

Ikr i was so happy :smile:
Thought it was a very good paper :smile: No fx graphs or sin/cos graphs - Thank god
I woke up at 5:30am that morning to revise graph transformations :'-) and :'-) it didn't :'-) come up :'-) Life is a struggle.
It went really bad, so harrddd
well i had a rubbish time on both I have aspergers destined for an A* . will be lucky to scrape a C but was down to my university completly messing up twice with exams. Annoying thing is i could have done most questions. if i had a proper exam booklet, had a room that did not back onto a busy bathroom with constant loud noise.Finally did not even get my extra time to process although on my student needs form . Oh well Hopefully will smash my A* in November
well it was a calm test and i probably scraped a A,however the grade boundaries could be high as they were easy test
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nisha.sri
Ikr i was so happy :smile:

if majority of the people found it easy the grade boundaries will b high:colonhash:
Reply 18
Original post by honey55497
if majority of the people found it easy the grade boundaries will b high:colonhash:

What mark do you reckon you got overall for both papers? I thought the first paper was harder tbh
Original post by Rajive
What mark do you reckon you got overall for both papers? I thought the first paper was harder tbh

sameeeeeee but i thought illget a b

Quick Reply

Latest