The Student Room Group

Clearing for deferred year

Hi,
I'm in year 13 and I applied for a deferred year. However, does this mean that I won't be able to go into clearing this year if I do not get accepted by both my universities? If not, does this mean I have to reapply to ucas to get into clearing for next year?

Thank you
Original post by ruk9211
Hi,
I'm in year 13 and I applied for a deferred year. However, does this mean that I won't be able to go into clearing this year if I do not get accepted by both my universities? If not, does this mean I have to reapply to ucas to get into clearing for next year?

Thank you

Some universities will accept deferred applications through Clearing but it's unusual (and you're less likely to get the leniency on grades when they aren't facing a shortfall in students about to arrive).

If you don't get into your firm/insurance then it's worth contacting alternate universities but I'd recommend waiting until after the first weekend of clearing has passed so that you aren't hitting stressed staff (or students manning phone lines with minimal training) and you can speak to people who have the time and knowledge to take you seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest