The Student Room Group

Liverpool Open Day

Did anybody go to liverpool open day on friday i did and i wasnt that impressed by the uni but leahurst looked realy realy good while i went on the bus to leahurst my mum went to the halls of residence and said it was grotty dirty and the rooms were tiny. im realy confused now becoz this was ment to be my favourite choice but i dont no any more what did everybody else think??
Reply 1
Lol SB halls are actually awesome! Tho thats only cos theyre so new, dont expect too much from halls cos they arent meant to be 5* so they dont break the back. SB will soon be just as run down, and like lessthanthree said, you're only there for a year.
i went and loved everything, i havent seen the halls but you are only there for a year. As our student tour guide said, the city is a bit scruffy but it adds a bit of character, and there are some gorgeous places in town. On the faculty tour we got into the lecture theatre and some d*ck was firing questions at the student one after the other, (it was someones dad) a lot of the questions could have been easily answered if he'd looked in the brochure, and it was 5 past and we had a speech at quarter past so we didnt see the dissecting room because we had to leave early (luckily ive seen it before)
I went! Because I booked late there weren't any spaces left on the Leahurst tour, but it sounds pretty amazing. I quite liked the uni, sure maybe the halls aren't all amazing but surley that's part of being a student? Halls at Nottingham weren't huge either, but they're big enough.

Surley it's the fun you'll have not the buildings that are important?

Finally, OP apply there if you think you'll be happy there. I don't have first choices etc coz I'll be estatic to get in anywhere, but I liked it + will be applying.
Reply 4
I went on Friday, and liked it alot.
The Vet. Faculty itself was nice, and Sutton Bonnington was way better than i expected.

I really wasnt expecting to walk into the room and be faced with a snake, which...had seen better days, and half a cat =P
Reply 5
Olyy
I went on Friday, and liked it alot.
The Vet. Faculty itself was nice, and Sutton Bonnington was way better than i expected.

I really wasnt expecting to walk into the room and be faced with a snake, which...had seen better days, and half a cat =P

Sutton Bonnington is Nottingham!! When i went there i visited both the old and new accomodation on the vet site (nottingham that is) they were lovely when everybody says they were the same as liverpool did you actually visit the nottingham accomodation or the accomodation at the vet school in nottingham coz they're two totally different places and you stay in the ones at the veterinay campus at sutton bonnington which isnt at the nottingham university itself?!?! sorry if theres a bit of rambling goin on here
Reply 6
There are ! and ? lol:smile:
Reply 7
jessfleet-xxx-xxx not bein funi or nothin bu do u expect 2 be put up in 5 star accommodation 4 a year?! Ul be a student 4 gods sake! N how much time r u really guna spend in ur room?! Not much! An mosta dat time ul be pissed so it doesnt matter. If u didnt like the city or the uni then change it as ur 1st choice. Ul find if u go 2 most of the other unis dat ther accommodation is much the same...i stayed at the halls in the RVC for a week and they wer much the same. Nottingham halls are lovely because they have been built last year or something. SO maybe if ya lukin 4 accommodation of a higher standard go ther or rent private accommodation rather than living in halls. But dont 4get that there is the social side to halls which would be the reason im moving into them next year(hopefully)!
Dont knock liverpool its a fab place 2 be!
Reply 8
Well I doubt you will be pissed that much, depends how much work you do as to how much time you spend in your room.
The only halls I saw were Roscoe and Gladstone and I was pretty impressed. Also, I don't think the citys that bad! Its a city - all have grotty bits. On the scale of all the cities in the UK I think its pretty good. Anyway, I was so impresed by Leahurst nothing else would have mattered to me!
Reply 10
jessfleet-xxx-xxx
Sutton Bonnington is Nottingham!! When i went there i visited both the old and new accomodation on the vet site (nottingham that is) they were lovely when everybody says they were the same as liverpool did you actually visit the nottingham accomodation or the accomodation at the vet school in nottingham coz they're two totally different places and you stay in the ones at the veterinay campus at sutton bonnington which isnt at the nottingham university itself?!?! sorry if theres a bit of rambling goin on here

Haha, leahurst, that one
I went to nottingham the day after, so my minds a big blur =P

EDIT: Spelling, my mind must really be gone :redface:
Reply 11
Whoa whoa stop havin ago!!:frown: i did like the city its just that the first impressions in the grotty rain and construction work were not that brilliant but i did love leahurst and once the sun come out it was nice :redface: and i love liverpool as a city its great for shopping and there is no way i was planning on not staying in halls of residence because i do agree its only for a year and its part of the fun i was just wandering what everybody else thought and as for lessthanthree sayin i shouldnt pick on the basis of accomodation i wasnt i was just wanderin what the general view was and i think i got that!!!:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending