The Student Room Group

I have gone down the wrong route...

I am sorry to say but this post is going to be a 'call for help' or a message for advice for myself. I have been unclear on my future prospects and now I find myself driving down the wrong road in which it does not appeal to me.

Firstly, it all starts in primary school when bullying made a victim of me, and so my confidence developed into fear of judgement and hassle. Before the major bullying ensued, I was confidence and was quite clear on being a 'movie star' or so I put it then. In high school and due to unfortunate bullying, plays were of no interest and so when choosing GCSEs, drama was not one of them as I was scared of being judged and ridiculed. I got decent GCSE results, 3As 5Bs 2Cs and due to the AB in double science I chose to go down a scientific route in A levels. Only now am I realising that science is not the route that I ever wanted to go down. Reverting to my 7 year old self, being an actor, whether it is in the local theatre or on the big screen, it is what I really aspire to do and I feel as if I have let myself down.

There are no acting classes, schools, teachers or courses in my area that I could travel to, and if there is it is for children at the age of 10 looking for a boost in social skills. Even if there was, I would have no experience in the field at all (well, I did play Joseph in a church play once, definitely an upgrade from the usual Shepard or worse, sheep).

If I eventually did what I wanted, I would like someone to join me on the expedition in acting, but currently I do not have anyone who legitimately cares for what I do. None of my family do and my friends are a problem due to their family and personal issues.

If anyone out there can please help me or give advice for my future, I would be so grateful for your contribution. :smile:

(I know some of you will say acting is NOT a career, it's hopeless, it's useless, you'll work as waiter and if I do end up as a waiter, I will be happy to know that I have tried to work to achieve my ambition).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending