The Student Room Group

Why are people underrating Leicester again?

Scroll to see replies

I thought Leicester would finish mid-table but I didn't think they would be struggling so much.
Original post by Diego Costa
Yes, because I'm sure you predicted them to be in a relegation battle.

Legit tw*t.

People can take the piss all they want but I don't remember those same people suggesting them to perform like this.

I didn't make a pretentious thread about it on TSR, ****ging off everyone who had a different (and in hindsight correct) opinion about them.

Everytime I read a comment of yours, you're defending some retarded post/atrocious prediction you've made. You're one of the worst posters on the FF, on the sole basis that you never get anything correct.
It was because they sold N'Golo Kanté. He is as good as Paul Scholes. He's probably the most valuable player in the world apart from the obvious 3/4 Madrid and Barcelona front men.
Original post by Anfanny
It was because they sold N'Golo Kanté.

Overly simplistic and only spouted by those who've only watched us by way of MoTD. Missing Kante is part of it, but it's far more than just that.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Missing Kante is part of it, but it's far more than just that.

De Laet, Schlupp (youth product - homegrown) were both sold, Ulloa lost in the dressing room. They 'lost' a lot of players who were major contributors last season. Ulloa was amazing so was Schlupp who's apparently an amazing wing back and has moved to a 'better' team. Some players were brought in. It was a very major change for any team mainly because they lost Kanté who now can play against them. (There's 6 points lost already) they might have been able to beat Chelsea with him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Title challenge is back on
Original post by Anfanny
De Laet, Schlupp (youth product - homegrown) were both sold, Ulloa lost in the dressing room. They 'lost' a lot of players who were major contributors last season. Ulloa was amazing so was Schlupp who's apparently an amazing wing back and has moved to a 'better' team. Some players were brought in. It was a very major change for any team mainly because they lost Kanté who now can play against them. (There's 6 points lost already) they might have been able to beat Chelsea with him.

De laet didn't play beyond September last season, Ulloa was third choice and behind slimani now, Schlupp was a utility player for the bench most of the time. What has changed this season is focus and tactics. We've been missing kante, any team would (although I'd say we've upgraded him with ndidi), but we followed the idea of being more compact that last season ended with, while trying to fit musa then slimani up front, not acknowledging Okazaki was key. The preseason was a mess as everyone got distracted by the pr feeling across the world rather than the next season, the jet setting leaving us unprepared, and of course we took our eye off the ball focusing on the CL.

All of that combined sent us into a tail spin. Last night was partly the return of shinji, but also a cornered animal biting back.
De laet didn't play beyond September last season, Ulloa was third choice and behind slimani now, Schlupp was a utility player for the bench most of the time. What has changed this season is focus and tactics. We've been missing kante, any team would (although I'd say we've upgraded him with ndidi), but we followed the idea of being more compact that last season ended with, while trying to fit musa then slimani up front, not acknowledging Okazaki was key. The preseason was a mess as everyone got distracted by the pr feeling across the world rather than the next season, the jet setting leaving us unprepared, and of course we took our eye off the ball focusing on the CL.

All of that combined sent us into a tail spin. Last night was partly the return of shinji, but also a cornered animal biting back.

Schlupp played half of last years matches. N'Didi is probably not far off. But every big team has a world class holding midfielder. N'Did's not that good Kanté is the best player on the planet. Inler is missing. There's just a lot of players missing. Ulloas really good. Slimani and Vardy shouldn't really have any trouble winning the PL with goals so I think it's due to Kanté leaving along with a large chunk of the squad from last year.
Reply 88

wat

Original post by Anfanny
Schlupp played half of last years matches. N'Didi is probably not far off. But every big team has a world class holding midfielder. N'Did's not that good Kanté is the best player on the planet. Inler is missing. There's just a lot of players missing. Ulloas really good. Slimani and Vardy shouldn't really have any trouble winning the PL with goals so I think it's due to Kanté leaving along with a large chunk of the squad from last year.

wat
schlupp played a lot off the bench - he was behind Fuchs as a left back after the home game vs Arsenal in September, and always behind mahrez and Albrighton on the wings.

Inler was behind drinkwater and got about 5 games. claiming it's down to missing Kante + squad players to me just screams "not paid attention to the games, opinion based purely on team sheet".

Kante is a huge miss, and without him we had to try and find a new way of playing, but our struggle this season is down to far more than missing Kante.

Teams have set up to nullify - mahrez in particular has found 2/3 men on him at each time he's received the ball, which has meant we've struggled for creativity - all the more obvious when you look at Vardys chances per game (his conversion rate, at least a couple of weeks ago, was broadly similar). This squad is broadly the same as in the championship as well (certainly the schmeichel-Morgan-Drinkwater-Vardy spine) and was very much a confidence side - capable of going on good and bad runs at the slightest provocation (Kanes arrival and attitude sparked the worst of the bad runs - hence my dislike for him), and the pre-season focusing on jet-setting publicity, as well as the league slipping for the CL got us into a rut that we couldn't get out of, particularly given the sacking of the team psychiatrist last summer. It's far more about the set up and attitude so far this season than the loss of Kante.

as for Ndidi - his only obvious fault is some naivety - at half a foot taller hes better in the air than Kante, better shot than Kante and so far his ball winning skills are top notch. At 5 years younger hes definitely going to surpass Ngolo.
Your boys are the ultimate trolls.
Reply 91
Original post by Jimmy Seville
I didn't make a pretentious thread about it on TSR, ****ging off everyone who had a different (and in hindsight correct) opinion about them.

Everytime I read a comment of yours, you're defending some retarded post/atrocious prediction you've made. You're one of the worst posters on the FF, on the sole basis that you never get anything correct.

Personally I find people who never get anything correct more valuable than people who are right some of the time.

The people who are right some of the time may as will be tossing a coin but the people who get things wrong all the time have a real skill.

All they need do to make money is oppose themselves strongly in betting markets whenever their views are on a suitable subject.

(But of course I appreciate that most on here apparently never bet. Pity. )
(edited 7 years ago)
@moggis

No one likes you. Your posts are ****ing autistic.
Reply 93
Original post by James.Carnell
@moggis

Ha. Gosh. Well I had worked out that no one likes me on the basis that I virtually never get any reps.

The good news is that after the end of this season I should-hopefully -have no desire/need /whatever to post on here anymore though I will still be reading the forum.

I'm really intruiged by the autistic comment?

Perhaps I'm a bit autistic?
Reply 94
Up the Villa.
Original post by James.Carnell
@moggis

That's why using the term autistic is never ok as an insult

Makes you look like a right ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
The above post made me smile. (Edit I realise it was making a serious point of course)

Because now I think,oh,I'm probably not autistic after all,my posts are just very bad and come across as being at best hair splitting by nature.

And if I was a bit autistic I'd at least have an excuse.

Anyway,enough about that, I think the main lesson to be learned from this is that no one ,no matter how many 100s of hours they watch football every year,or how many books and articles and forums they read about it every year,really has that much inkling of what is going to happen.

And isn't that one of the main reasons why we like sport so much?

(I actually censored the above post. My natural inclination was to include the clause ,"which no doubt hasn't been learned".

There,see,I can do it if I try)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by difeo
wat

wat

He's worth the most money for any midfielder not in the champions league. Apart from 4 players who all are playing CL football and out of those four they've all been in a Final in the last 3 years. I think but if he's in the team then everyone gets a boost but I can't actually see it in Chelsea but it was noticeable with Liecester. Leicester have an amazing team I think most of their players are on par with Chelsea, they just don't have the same amount of players. Kanté didn't play in the final of the Euro 2016 and they lost. Is it not obvious by watching him in a match he stands out like a brown snowman would on a snowday? Alex Ferguson has already said he's the best PL player and pundits have said he's better than Makelele ever was.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest