The Student Room Group

Not getting postgraduate loan until university confirms so you have to be on campus

I don't work so I was hoping that I would get my loan on a certain date and then I could move up to the campus and get on from there.

I was speaking with Student Finance England who told me that I wouldn't get anything until the university confirmed my attendance, (which might be attending a week of lectures) and might take a while from confirmation to payment possibly!

Anyone know anything of this?
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
I don't work so I was hoping that I would get my loan on a certain date and then I could move up to the campus and get on from there.

I was speaking with Student Finance England who told me that I wouldn't get anything until the university confirmed my attendance, (which might be attending a week of lectures) and might take a while from confirmation to payment possibly!

This is standard practice - you can't be funded for taking a course until it's official that you've arrived and are attending
Reply 2
Original post by post-grad-u-ate

As PQ says, this is normal. You may need to look at a student bank account overdraft facility to bridge the gap if you don't have savings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending