The Student Room Group

Repeating Year 11

So basically I have just got my GCSEs back, and enrolled into college. However I didn't get the results I was hoping for to get into LVL 3, and then because I want to go into uni I still didn't get enough grades for uni as I only passed two ( English lit&lang ) and for the one I want to do, nursing, you need to have passed 5. I know college you can take maths on the side, but I need sciences and you can't take that on the side in college. And I haven't got enough grades for 6th form. So, I was thinking instead of wasting 3 years in college doing two in LVL 2 and one in LVL 3 and possibly not even get to uni because of my grades( yes the courses get me enough UCAS points so that's fine) I was thinking could I just go back to school, retake year 11 core subjects, Maths and science. And then next year go straight into LVL 3 if I get the right grades and if I don't get the right ones the clearly the path I want to go down isn't right for me and I do another course or do an apprenticeship.

So after all that basically can I retake year 11, and study science and maths again, like 2-3 days a week whenever, like a college or 6th form.
I know it's confusing but I'm so adamant in what I want I'll try anything to get into it.

Thanks!
You'll have to speak to your school but I don't think it is possible to retake science subjects and redo year11 like that. I think the only reason they would allow that is if you had really good reason that could have affected your progress and exam results such as a medical reason
Talk to your school about it. They know you best so can recommend the best thing to do
Good luck
Reply 2
You can ask, but I'd be astonished it they said yes. I'd talk to the college about other options.
Just pay for the resits yourself

Quick Reply

Latest