The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So many threads haha!*

I submitted mine and they confirmed we should the results on or around the 10th October :smile: *
Original post by eripley
Hi guys, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for this vacancy as the two other relevant threads are becoming a bit over-saturated.

Just submitted my competency statements. Hoping to complete the online tests tomorrow.

Look forward to hearing from anyone else who has or is thinking of applying for this role.

Good luck everyone!:smile:

Same position as you. Submitted my competency answers and have the tests left to do. Not looking forward to the tests, I'm trying to find some material online to prepare for it but no luck
Reply 3
There are some practices tests available at the link below:

http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/top-employer-profiles/hmrc-assessments/
Reply 4
Just a word of warning, the online tests done via Manpower are NOTHING like those above!
Original post by Jjubb84
Just a word of warning, the online tests done via Manpower are NOTHING like those above!

I take it the ones via Manpower are harder?
Reply 6
Original post by itsmyname
I take it the ones via Manpower are harder?

Actually no! They require a lot less thought, not a lot of problem solving really but you have 8 minutes to do 30.

It's basically 30 GCSE maths sequences...but harder in the conditions.
Reply 8
Were you able to find practice tests which were similar?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by eripley
Were you able to find practice tests which were similar?

Nothing. Honestly, your best bet is to look at GCSE quadratic sequences and get used to working them out very quickly.
Reply 10
Original post by Jjubb84
Nothing. Honestly, your best bet is to look at GCSE quadratic sequences and get used to working them out very quickly.

Thanks for that!:smile:
Wow, quadratic equations for an online numeracy test? Time to brush up on my GCSE maths
Reply 12
Someone on one of the other threads has just said that they received a 4 and a 5 in the competency statements and still 'failed'. Maybe you need to score higher this time round as I know two people who got a 4 in the June HO campaign and still got an interview.
Original post by itsmyname
Wow, quadratic equations for an online numeracy test? Time to brush up on my GCSE maths

No! Not quadratic equations, quadratic SEQUENCES! :smile:
Reply 14
Just finished the test although kicking myself that I ran out of time and didn't get to the final two questions on the numerical test. How did everyone else find it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you need a calculator and a pen and paper to work out the answers, or can they all be done in your head?
Original post by mimzie
Just finished the test although kicking myself that I ran out of time and didn't get to the final two questions on the numerical test. How did everyone else find it?

I only got to 25! Although I know I got them all right. I feel like next time I'd get 'em all, but it's probably not enough for this time.

I struggled more with the verbal reasoning because I'm fairly certain it said that the word order doesn't matter...and I felt like it was sometimes the only difference! Ah well, what will be will be.
You guys are making me nervous :frown:
Original post by rebecca_:)
I got the impresssion that the word order matter and you had to pick the pairing where the order below had the same order we was given.

I like you only got to question 25. *

In the guidelines before I think it says it's the relationship that matters and the word order doesn't (perhaps that was just in the example). The word order definitely did matter otherwise it was unanswerable. I feel better that someone else has answered based on the word order!
Reply 19
Original post by Jjubb84
I only got to 25! Although I know I got them all right. I feel like next time I'd get 'em all, but it's probably not enough for this time.

I struggled more with the verbal reasoning because I'm fairly certain it said that the word order doesn't matter...and I felt like it was sometimes the only difference! Ah well, what will be will be.

Oh dear, I must have misread the question because I thought the word order did matter and used that to eliminate a lot of the possible options whoops! Too late now though.

I'm somehow hoping its pretty much impossible to finish all of the numerical test properly in time, I mean 30 questions in 10 mins is really hard going!

Good luck everyone!

Latest